so, ive liked my tone for a while now. and i got the tubescreamer to have less warmth, and more bite. so i picked up my strat turned on my amp and started to play on my metal muff. but.

it was incredibly bassy! the bass was at 4, the mids were at 4, and the treble was at 8! how could this be? is the big muff f*cking it up? help!

also, its an SSS strat, and i had it set on position 2 to kill the buzz. its also pretty bassy on the TS808

what can i do to fix this? i might get an equalizer, but i dunno if that would help.
hold on...your bass was on 4 and you have an SSS strat, and you mean to tell me your tone was bassy? thats really strange, i guess you can just lower the bass a little more.

EDIT: now that i think about it, it could be the muff thats making your tone bassy
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
hold on...your bass was on 4 and you have an SSS strat, and you mean to tell me your tone was bassy? thats really strange, i guess you can just lower the bass a little more.

i know. its freakin weird. i dont know what to do.
its the muff, the purpose of that pedal is to create a metal tone am i correct? i dont have much experience with that pedal so i honestly dont know much about it. but i think it could be that pedal, if it has a bass knob or a tone knob mess with that until it sounds good. thats all i can really tell you, sorry
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Jeff Manthei
what are the settings on the tube screamer?

overdrive 5, tone 10, level 10.
what are the settings on your metal muff?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Tone knob on guitar? Stupid idea, but you'd be surprised how many people forget...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yea, get a equalizer
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Settings on your Blues Junior?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?