i'm thinking about getting either an od pedal or a 7 or 10 band eq to tighten up the low end in my tone. does anybody know what would work better? i'm playing a gibson sg with a 498T in the bridge.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
tightening low end

This?

Failing that an EQ should do the trick, you just need to tame the lower mids a little.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i havn't really thought about it being the strings, but i use the same strings on my explorer with the emgs and the low end is much tighter but it suffers in the upper midrange which the 498T is really good at.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
New strings arent going to do much at all...compared to an EQ anyways.

IMO, a 1x12 doesnt really have that much low end to begin with. And also a booster makes it more sloppy sounding, again IMO.

So, maybe a good EQ pedal would help. Just boost the low mids a bit...
very funny.....

when i'm trying out an eq how should i start tweaking it? should i leave the eq on the amp alone?
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
Try leaving the amp linear...er...everything halfway (save for the gain). EQ the pedal to your liking.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Try leaving the amp linear...er...everything halfway (save for the gain). EQ the pedal to your liking.

+100 as a starting point. You may have to tweak amp settings after you get the eq close though