Ok, so i have a slight problem. Ive just changed the strings for the first time on my new strat, and i used .010s as opposed to the .009s it came with. Now, as i should have predicted, the trem is floating really high, about 0.5-1cm off the face of the body. Whats the best way to go about getting it back to the right height (ie a couple of mm off the body)? I've tried tightening the trem claw, but the screws are so stiff theyre almost impossible to turn and ive only managed to lower the bridge by a mm or so. Am i doing something wrong?
Nope. You can do a couple things. I angle my springs to get more tension (I have my trem flat against the body). You could also add more springs and then use the trem claw for minor adjustments.
Hi, I'm Peter
Try this spring set up I I I

3 should be good, 2 on the far edges and one dead center, adust tension until your nice and even
Quote by bluewilliams
Ok, so i have a slight problem. Ive just changed the strings for the first time on my new strat, and i used .010s as opposed to the .009s it came with. Now, as i should have predicted, the trem is floating really high, about 0.5-1cm off the face of the body. Whats the best way to go about getting it back to the right height (ie a couple of mm off the body)? I've tried tightening the trem claw, but the screws are so stiff theyre almost impossible to turn and ive only managed to lower the bridge by a mm or so. Am i doing something wrong?

1. How many springs do you have?
2. What kind of trem is it?

If you loosen all the strings and the screws for the claw are still too tight to turn, then the screw holes need to be deeper.
Get another spring so you'd have 4 in there for more stable unit.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic