Page 1 of 2
So i got into metal a while back and noticed that Iron Maiden(Bruce Dickinson looks sooooooooooooo stupid now)and Metallica have cut their hair for the 21st century, but WHY? So what your hairs long, you look better that way.

Im looking for other bands who have cut their hair and some reasons on why they cut thier hair.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
When men reach their late 40's, they start to look a bit stupid with long hair, so the look better once they've cut it, and no matter what you think, hair<the music.
Balding, and well they've matured. They're not the groupie ****ing rock stars they once were, I mean honestly do you really think this looks nice.

Case and point.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I think Bruce looks better with short hair.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
They play music, what the fuck does their hair have to do with anything?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Whoa, this is my first thread and didn't expect replies this soon. The balding argument is an exellent point.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
you need to still have all your hair for it too work. Dave Mustaine of megadeth still has all his hair, as do the others in maiden (allthough Janick does look a bit wierd with his).
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by loonyguitarist

Me too.

Mustaine's young enough to pull it off, I think Dave Murray also looks good with his hair.
hair metal = 80's

normal metal = present day

but seriously, I guess all the "hair down to your ass" metal just went away with the times
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by Anything Goes
Balding, and well they've matured. They're not the groupie ****ing rock stars they once were, I mean honestly do you really think this looks nice.

Case and point.

Ewww....

~stepco
Quote by rockingamer2
So i got into metal a while back and noticed that Iron Maiden(Bruce Dickinson looks sooooooooooooo stupid now)and Metallica have cut their hair for the 21st century, but WHY? So what your hairs long, you look better that way.

Im looking for other bands who have cut their hair and some reasons on why they cut thier hair.

Idiot. I wish you could suffocate on the irony you just presented us with.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Look at SOAD. They used to be good when they had short hair. Then they grew it. Now their music is crap.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Both Hetfield and Bruce cut their hair almost a decade ago now.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Because EVERYONE knows the length of your hair determines your level of musical skills

EDIT: slightly relevant..... my little sister and her friends are emo-kids..... when the ugly frontman of my chemical romance cut all his hair off n bleached it they all stopped listening to the band, saying 'how can you take him seriously with hair lke that??"

oh the irony.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by Metallica708
Look at SOAD. They used to be good when they had short hair. Then they grew it. Now their music is crap.

No music is crap, and "now" the band doesn't exist.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Brucey looks ten times better with his haircut short. You don't need long hair to play metal.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
the length of your hair doesn't effect how "metal" you are
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
first of all whats with all the hair themed threads today?!?!
this is the 3rd iv seen!
hair has nothing to do w/ musical abilty if anything it just gets in the way...
i saw a video of yngwie malmsteen playing while sitting down his hair is drapped all over the guitar and messing up the sound
its kinda hard to play if the fingerboard and the pickups are covered by hair and its all tangeled in the strings...
paul gilbert cut his hair he looks and sounds better IMO
You mean to tell me you thought Iron Maiden looked cool in the 80's?!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by loonyguitarist

+1

Hetfield looks like a douche though. Kerry King cited his reason for shaving it was he was going bald, so I'm sure that's a common trend. Of course, others may just want to be taken more seriously as they get older.
Dickless.
Quote by Vornik
No music is crap, and "now" the band doesn't exist.

The band exists, but is on "hiatus".

And you're right. I sounded like a prick. Ok then, the music is worse than their first 3 albums IN MY OPINION. Happy now?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Because when you're older you realise what an idiot you looked like back in the day. The reason why you don't see it is because you're still young. Usually people revert back to feel young again, psychologically.

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Paul Gilbert looked like a penis with long hair. Looks much better now
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Because EVERYONE knows the length of your hair determines your level of musical skills

EDIT: slightly relevant..... my little sister and her friends are emo-kids..... when the ugly frontman of my chemical romance cut all his hair off n bleached it they all stopped listening to the band, saying 'how can you take him seriously with hair lke that??"

oh the irony.

You know, they have a point. He does look like a prat.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You know, they have a point. He does look like a prat.

I agree, he looks like someone drew eyes on a lightbulb.
I believe Bruce had to cut his hair because he is an airline pilot and he was told he couldn't have it long
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by Anything Goes

Case and point.

What are you talking about, he looks smokin'. Gimme a piece of that ass
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Those older guys cut their hair because they start going bald. How would you like it if the guys in the "good" old bands were all going around with skullets looking like the guy from Strapping Young Lad?
Quote by kaptink
I agree, he looks like someone drew eyes on a lightbulb.

Yes but I think it's a bit sad that they liked him when they thought he was a pretty emo boy then stop liking the band when he turns into a bog-eyed lightbulb. Guess tht's what the scene's about. silly people.
The longer my hair has gotten, the better my soloing has got. Or that could be the fact that I've practised over time.........

Case and point

Clapton - Yardbirds - Crew cutted and a pretty good guitarist, not universaly recognised, however

Several years later....
Not-exactly-short-hair, best blues-rock/hard-rock guitarist in the world (tied with Jimi at that time IMO)

The only reason my hair's long is cos it makes my face look less long. And it's more Rock n Roll. (But I Like It)
Page 1 of 2