I'm a part of a Kent State based improv troop called the Portage County Players. As a group we've been contemplating adding a musical element to our shows. For a bass line I've been thinking of providing a rythm by running through scales. Most of our stuff is mid to fast paced improv. Can any one recomend/provide any lines or scales that sound better for comedy?
On the road to the grave, it's best to avoid the passing lane.
haven't you ever heard of Pen and Teller!?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Just a simple bassline like something from a jazz or country song.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Think of the bass line from the Vonage phone commercials. Simple, and works great for comedy because everyone can relate it to something funny. I also know someone that goes to Kent State
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Tell them to get their friends together and go see PCP in the music and speach center on march 6th and 7th (shameless self promotion).
On the road to the grave, it's best to avoid the passing lane.