Hey ppl!!Im a n00b conserning Linux so I have a really important question to ask...I tried booting Debian at my desktop which consists of the following:
-Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
-WD Raptor 150G
-Gigabyte S Series MB
-DVD writer (Fujitsu I think)
-2G RAM Twinmoss at Dual Channel

I gave you the above information so you can help me detect the exact error..So here its is:I put the 1st DVD in the cdrom and it detects it running the first screen and the it loads the Linux kernel..Then it says that it canot detect the cdrom and asks me to manually configure the module..I tried all the modules and none is working for me...What should I do??I really need my PC to work cause Im in the middle of my exams and I cantwork properly..!
If you could help I would be most greatfull...

Thanks in advance.

(PS:Currently I have no OS running on my computer because there was a problem with the Windows installation..PLEAZE HELP!!)
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
I would recommend using Ubuntu as your first point of call. Download the Ubuntu Live-CD instead. Even when you get into Debian you will get dumped to a prompt with no graphical interface... Ubuntu is a lot better for a beginner.

It prob won't have any errors either.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
It can't find the CD drive, but it manages to load the kernel from the CD? Debian is messed up. Use Ubuntu if you're in a hurry, use Gentoo if you're not.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Well Im not an abso-n00b...!Ive been working on Linux for the past 6 months in university so I have an idea of whats going on... Thanks anyway ppl!!!(It appears that its a hardware incompatibility thats messing things up)

My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo