right, i've tried searching for this cos im sure i've seen a thread like it before, but i couldn't find it, so:

Can EMGs be fitted to an Ibanez S520? or is the body too thin? or are there any other factors that prevent their installment?

thanks a lot people.
active EMGs. is there enough room in the control cavity for a battery even?
The only problem is that the battery fits super tight in the control cavity and I couldn't find a EMG input jack that would work. The S520's input jack is really long and the stock EMG input jack is really short.

If you can get a input jack that works you should be good to go, if not your screwed.
Quote by Jeff Manthei
should be. the EX version has them in it.

They are passive in the EX, I have the S520EX. They look like active but their not.
what kind of tone do the stock pups give you then? are they likely to need upgrading?
probably need up grading,
but look into passives. Seymour duncan. & DiMarzio ... they will progably suit you
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Tone highly depends on your personal taste, you dont go asking ppl on how good it is. As for active pickups, you can resolve to trying the DiMarzio D-activator. They're design to be active and they dont require any batteries.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
D Sonic and Air Norton combo.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Should have something by Duncan in it already shouldn't it? The 530 I was playing in the store the other day had Seymour's name on the Pups.

On a tangent, what kind of sounds does the thin Maplecapped Mahogany body suit. I'm in love with the Ibanez S's playability, but I'd be wanting it for much bluesier stuff, my style is better suited to vintage fenders, and I'm wondering what kind of Bluesy cleans I can get out of an S530. (sounds ok clean through a Marshall TSL, but I've only played it once)

But why does it have to have a flame on the fretboad. Apart from that it's the most beautfiful guitar I can afford at the moment.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Feb 9, 2007,
^ Get your facts right, that's an SZ series, not S.

SZ series are equipped with IBZ-SD (ibanez-duncan) pickups, the S520 doesnt.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quite right you are, SZ520QMGAB to be exact. I managed to misread the original post, and then somehow quote that model number instead of the one I actually had in front of me. I shall flagelate myself with a ferret as punishment.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
It's no problem to fit EMG's in an S.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix