Hi, I am just wondering how I would go about installing pickup covers on my Epi LP 100. I know you don't have to sauder them on, and you jsut screw them on witht he mounting screws. But my question is....do I have to take out the pickups first, or can I just drop them right on with out taking the pickups out and screw them on? Thanks,
I believe you must take them out...But I have never tried this so I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Actually, my Schecter has pickup covers and they are screwed on to the guitar itself.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Last edited by Cied Shredder at Feb 9, 2007,
Lp 100's dont come with pickup covers. But I''m no sure how o put some on though :P It shoukldnt be too difficult though.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Cied Shredder
I believe you must take them out...But I have never tried this so I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Actually, my Schecter has pickup covers and they must be taken off with taking the pickup out.

Ok, thanks. sorry if this is a n00b question, but do I take the pickups out just by taking out the mounting screws fully? Also, how do I get them into the same position they were in before? What if they are not in the same position?
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Lp 100's dont come with pickup covers. But I''m no sure how o put some on though :P It shoukldnt be too difficult though.

i know they don't, thats why I want to put some on:P
Quote by thedude051
Ok, thanks. sorry if this is a n00b question, but do I take the pickups out just by taking out the mounting screws fully? Also, how do I get them into the same position they were in before? What if they are not in the same position?

Haha, I have actually never changed pickups myself. But to take them out, yes, you do unscrew it and when you put it back in you need to make sure you don't put it up too high/low. You guitar might not require the actual taking out of the pup...I think it actually differs.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by Cied Shredder
Haha, I have actually never changed pickups myself. But to take them out, yes, you do unscrew it and when you put it back in you need to make sure you don't put it up too high/low. You guitar might not require the actual taking out of the pup...I think it actually differs.

sorry, another n00b question. What is a pup?
Quote by thedude051
sorry, another n00b question. What is a pup?

pickup*
Quote by thedude051
Thanks...Man, do i feel like an idiot now ....

So do i after spelling it pick up the first time
spelling is usually sad on this board - I figure most of ya' are kids and more into guitar and Rock than school (sounds sort of familiar)
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!