just looking around the gibson website, and noticed the new "digital les paul". just wondered what u guys think about it- it must cost a hell of a lot!
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
I've got an idea! Let's search three months ago!

I wouldn't buy it though... ugh... digital.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by wmzbomgzors
I've got an idea! Let's search three months ago!

I wouldn't buy it though... ugh... digital.

oh well, so what if its"old". Don't be a dick. Anyways, I think its pretty cool. I don't mind the styling of the guitar/digital computer/internet But I kinda think its a gimmick at the same time. It hasn't really taken off. I prefer my regular old basic guitar design.
i agree- hell i didnt see any other posts on this id buy a regular les paul
sorry, I forgot to mention in my last post. I think it is kinda cool what Gibson is doing. I am a technology and gadget buff so this appeals to me in some way. We'll just have to see how this plays out.
does anyone know how it actually works?
i can't see it as anything more than a pointless gimmick to be honest. The only advantage of it is that LSD users will love the trippy stereo effects that can be created using the hex pickup.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Why bring this thread back -.-
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I think it's quite interesting, if it gives a better signal to your amp and cuts out hum etc it may be a positive thing. At the end of the day therre's no doubt that people are going to look at applying digital technology to guitars and rather than using midi this might be better. Especially as they are still trying to make a guitar not a midi contoller.