I think it depends on what kind of Jackson and ESP you get. Jacksons with LFRs usually pretty cheap pickup and quality wise, my cousin owns one and it's just a piece of crap. ESP LTD series is pretty nice from what I've played. Vintage series, I hear, don't play very well or sound it to match. The LTD standards...are alright. Someone told me anything under 400 (the number) isn't really that great. But it's best to just decide for yourself.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
It's all preference baby.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
dont get a cheap one of either, but if you have lots of money, get an ESP.
Duncans or EMGs?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
ESP is the elite shred guitar, you cant go wrong with them.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Quote by RyRayer
Jackson of course.

no ESP are easily better then jackson...but ur intitled to ur opinion

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
For the cheaper versions of each such as Jackson, which is made in either China or Korea, don't know for sure if anyone wants to check it would be nice, and ESP LTD's are made in Korea, go with ESP since they are great throughout each model number, from 50 to 1000 no matter what people say.

The USA made Jacksons and Japan made ESP versions however, you will have to try out yourselves and see which ones you like better since both companies make exceptional guitars.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
in terms of quality
i think
low end jacksons are slighty better than low end ESPs (beign low end ltds)

movign up. i think esp & jackson have the same quailty control. they are more or less on the same par. IMO

main difference would be feel & pricing of course.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
On average ESP's are better, But it matters which ones you get. TheLTD's are better than the low end jacksons, but the high end ESP's and jacksons all are good.
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

as are you
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
i dont know what type of alder Jackson uses but compared to my friend's 2005 SL2H, my ESP M-II kinda sounds fuller and thicker, while his guitar is more twangy in a sense, even though our guitars are pretty much similar.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

How can you prove this? ESP's are better than Jacksons? That is entirely your opinion, or is it because Alexi Laiho is playing one? I hope you know he played Jacksons way before he switched to ESP's (because he HAD to).