Does the size of the pick change the sound in anyway? I was thinking of getting some thicker kind because the pick kinda slips outta my hand slowly as i play.
changing the thickness wont help that much
i had that exact same problem found 2 solutions
1. punch a hole in the pick where the tip of your thumb is
2. use sandpaper and scratch the surface up ALOT gives a good grip
my picks are cd's iv cut into a comfortable shape/size/thickness
i scratch them all up they work better then anypick iv ever bought
Don't get thicker ones for that reason just get some textured ones, ya know with a little pic of something that is raised plastic

Edit ^That is a good idea broken cds hmm...
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
it only changes the sound a little if you have a solid pick like bronze or brass or if theyre
triangle the click when it hits the strings is louder but if its thicker nothing will change.
It might just be im holding it wrong but when i play for awhile it slowly kinda drifts to a point where im playing with the SIDE of my pick and i look down and im like what the ****?
there are some nylon dunlop picks that already have pick grip on then ...size doesnt matter too much for that though
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
the thinkess changes the tone alot ...

a heavier pic. has more attack then a floppy pic.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I find that I get a clearer ringing tone with thinner picks, and a stronger tone with more pick click with bigger picks... but it really doesn't matter that much.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Am holding it wrong though? I start out normal then it kinda drifts off and eventually im playing with the side of it.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Am holding it wrong though? I start out normal then it kinda drifts off and eventually im playing with the side of it.

pics for example?
you hold a pic how ever it feels comfortable.
but you may not be getting a sturdy grip.
if it posses a problem, then you need to fix it. if not ... why bother

i think the 'general' way is to curls you fingers up inot a fist place the pick at the tip of your index finger, the place your thuibm across.

check google.

pics for your situation woudl help though.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Dont have a camera but i can describe it..i start playing normally then slowly after a few minutes i look down and the point of the pick is pointing at the head of the guitar, I guess it doesn't REALLY matter as long as it works huh. I think i might be able to get a better grip with a thicker pick.
I have issues with plastic picks, so I use Everly Stars and they work very well.

I've also started using Dunlop thumbpicks, because A) they aren't gonna fall off and B) I can hybrid pick with them .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Plastic picks sound scratchy. Nylon is the way to go. If your pick slips you could cut/melt some shallow grooves in it to give more grip. Thick picks I find bang the strings while thin ones bend and then flick. They sound very different to me.
Quote by XibanezedgeX
changing the thickness wont help that much
i had that exact same problem found 2 solutions
1. punch a hole in the pick where the tip of your thumb is
2. use sandpaper and scratch the surface up ALOT gives a good grip
my picks are cd's iv cut into a comfortable shape/size/thickness
i scratch them all up they work better then anypick iv ever bought

why waste all the energy when i can drive my car to gc and buy a pack of textured picks

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by mr.cheese..
hmm....ownage? you say?

in the context of "these picks are the ownage", not "you have been owned".
So...the picks are the ownage..and i have not been owned...yet! I think i might just go up to GC tommorow and buy a few different packs of picks and try them out, I'll definetily look for some textured ones and such, i think ill buy a pack of thicker ones too though, i mean damn picks are cheap anyway.