Im lookin to put a Floyd Rose on my Ibanez GIO that has the tremelo already...Could anybody give me some feedback on if its worth getting one or not?....and if i do, should i take it somewhere to have it installed or is it easy enough that i can do it myself?

comments and info greatly appreciated
just get a new guitar. GIO's aren't that great anyway.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Are you wanting to be able to bend up on the floyd? If so, you will need to route the to of the body out, and unless you really like the guitar, its not worth it.

If you don't want to bend up on the floyd, you wont need to do any routing. However You may still have to re-drill the trem post holes.
A decent tremolo and installation will cost way more than the guitar did in the first place, which means it's not worth doing - you'd be better of just getting a new guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1, not worth it, a decent floyd would cost you around $150, save up on better guitar.

I have to disagree on Gios being "not great". They're certainly good.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by steven seagull
A decent tremolo and installation will cost way more than the guitar did in the first place, which means it's not worth doing - you'd be better of just getting a new guitar.

+1
It's also a handy excuse to buy another guitar...not that you should ever need an excuse
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com