After I get my Micro Cube for vacation I'm going to finally get a OD/Distortion for my amp. I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and the distortion is great for most rock, but needs some help for metal. I want to play stuff by bands like Pantera, Opeth, COB, Mushroomhead, Metallica, Distrubed, and tool through it. One that I was looking at was the Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde. Being able to use the OD side for other lighter stuff seem nice. Would this work well for my needs through a tube amp, and will I be able to use this on the clean channel or will I have to also use the amps distortion? If this pedal doesn't fit what are some that will? Thanks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Anyone?
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
The Jekyll & Hyde is a good pedal choice. Though, you should definitely try it before you buy it.
Sent from my iPad.
Thanks. Hasn't anybody else tried it or another pedal that will produce the right sound for my style music with a tube amp? Thanks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
it can handle metal pretty well, and yes of course you can use it on the clean channel.
it has 3 combos
1-overdrive
2-distortion
3-distortion boosted with overdrive
i got one and i love it. if you take the time to tweak it you can really get any sound you coude want.
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
I have it at work and I love it. Its an awesome all around pedal. High quality too, wont break on you. It doesnt make very much noise at all, and the by-pass on it doesnt suck any tone.
Sweet, I just wanted to be sure. After I buy the Micro-cube for vacation I'm going to get this.

Cannibal_Animal, what I meant about putting it on the clean channel is if it would be distorted enough for metal there or if it would need help from the amp's distortion.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+