I'm thinking of buying an old squier from a guy in the classified ads and having a friend paint some "hendrix" type designs on it. The guitar is white...

Does anyone know what type of paint/tools to use for this?? I want it to end up looking professional, not some half-ass crap paint job, you know??

THANKS
Read the following how to websites at least 3X

ReRanch 101 - Finishing aBsics.

You can also go to Project Guitar Tutorials for refinishing and other stuff.

Then when you think you got it, read them 2X again.

ReRanch offers quality stuff based on the builds/mods I've seen here, specially if you don't have the gear (airbrush, compressor, etc.) Some have also had success with Duplicolor (the car spraypaint available at most auto supply stores for about $6) and Krylon, the weapon of choice for most graffiti vandals/artists ($3 almost anywhere). Krylon was the stuff used by Crash to paint 3 of Clapton's Strats. Good Luck!

i checked out those pages, and i checked out your mods too...

I'm not looking to re painting the whole guitar...

I just want to add some simple designs to it, etc...is this possible with just normal paint and a paintbrush???
Quote by dhampian
i checked out those pages, and i checked out your mods too...

I'm not looking to re painting the whole guitar...

I just want to add some simple designs to it, etc...is this possible with just normal paint and a paintbrush???
Definitely. The preparation is similar, scuff sand, prime, paint, wetsand, clear. Use acrylic.