Hi, I wanted to know what kind of quality the guitars are from different countries.

I know that American are the best. What about these:

Korean
Mexican
Chinese

I've heard that you should avoid Mexican and Chinese, but what about Korean ones? I'm talking about where the guitar is made...
i wouldn't base a guitar buying decision on where it's made. i've played american axes that were about the quality of a squier, and i've played some pretty nice asian made guitars.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
PRS are mainly Korean made I think, and they're great.

Yeah, I've got a Korean PRS (got it today!)

Quote by philipisabeast
Japan are better than america in alot of peoples opinions

Well, they have a Higher GNP per capita, if that makes much difference!
you really cant tell on the country

just more to do with how well its made and all which IS completely different

it can be made well in china and bad in the usa
and vice versa

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

To generalize guitars based on country of origin is even dumber than generalizing brands.
maybe the question should be this "can a american make a guitar better than a professionaly trained japanese man?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Country of productions does make a difference but you can't say definatively what the quality of the guitar is based on the country. Generally, Japan and USA make the best guitars but that does not mean that guitars from other countries are no good or that every guitar out of Japan of the US is of good quality.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by Innit
Oh, I see. It's just that loads of people tend to judge guitars by where they are made, which is kind of unfair...

That's because a lot of brands manufacture the high-end models in their home country and cheaper models in other countries. Ibanez Prestige models are manufactured in Japan, whilst most of the other models are made in Korea. Fender produce guitars in USA, and cheaper versions in Mexico.

In other words, you can say an American Strat is better than a Mexican Strat, or that a Japanese RG model is better than a Korean one, as they're likely to have better specs as well.

But that doesn't mean all guitars manufactured in the US is superior to every other guitar in the world.
you can NEVER go wrong with buying a guitar from the gold ole usa, they're the most reliable. I got a guitar from Korea, and the knob fell out and now the whole is too big to screw the damned thing back in. F*cking 800 guitar too! good thing I gotta' warrenty.
^that sounds like you dont know what you are doing.

thats an easy fix, if i can understand your sub par grammar
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by guitarNbass
you can NEVER go wrong with buying a guitar from the gold ole usa, they're the most reliable. I got a guitar from Korea, and the knob fell out and now the whole is too big to screw the damned thing back in. F*cking 800 guitar too! good thing I gotta' warrenty.

your powers of logic and misplaced sense of patriotism astound me.
Japanes made is better than American made imo, but obviously you cant compare a £700 Jackson to a £3000 Les Paul.
the £700 ones arent. but the USA ones are, (duh). the high end ones are USA, yes.
You should research the brand of guitar not just where its made. Crappy guitars will always be crappy no matter where they are made. Korea produces loads of guitars, many of them very good. Theres also nothing to say that a well made guitar wont be knocked around in transit or stored subject to temperature variations/humidity which stresses it out. Physically hold the guitar you want to buy . Check the neck. Play it. Decide.
well are the lower end guitars of a particular brand such as Ibanez hand crafted or factory made?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
I have a chinese made guitar and I love it, and MIM strats are supposed to be pretty good
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
It's good and bad. Good compared to a Squier made in Mexico, bad to a PRS made in America. WTF is it good or bad? who cares. do you think its good or bad? Completely relative and subjective terms.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by Innit

I've heard that you should avoid Mexican and Chinese, but what about Korean ones? I'm talking about where the guitar is made...

who told you that? slap them. Some fenders are from mexico. Only avoid chinese guitars if they are on ebay and claim to be a fender, gibson or a big company like that that does not have a factory in china. and don't decide on which guitar depending on where it's built.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by teamzaius
It's good and bad. Good compared to a Squier made in Mexico, bad to a PRS made in America. WTF is it good or bad? who cares. do you think its good or bad? Completely relative and subjective terms.

Well, I tried it at the shop and it felt pretty good. At the back it says - Built by World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd., Korea under exclusive lisence for PRS guitars.

Well, doesn't sound "fake" (well nothing is fake, but u know what I mean) or anything. And it feels right to me.
I think US PRS guitars are like the top of the range 2 grand models.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by guitarNbass

Thats a bad thing, i doubt you know what a warranty is with the logic you're throwing around. I'll just stereotype here and say all american guitars are made by inbred rednecks who drink pisswater tasting beer and sleep with their family.

in all seriousness, you can get duds and you can get brilliant ones. the quality of korean guitars is getting so much better nowadays.

actually, I know someone who was like 'omhgz guitar made in kroea must be crap lolol amercica ftw'

and he's australian...
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Mexican made Strats??
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
My Japanese made Ibanez destroys my friends American made Dean from Hell in every way, so I'd say it doesn't matter.
Dickless.
You can't compeltely judge a guitar by it's country of manufacture. Now that being said, you can pretty safely say that instruments made by the big names in the US and Japan are going to produce much higher quality instruments than Korea or China.

Other than the high end models from the big names, pretty much all guitars you get in stores today are made in Asia somewhere or another.

However, I wouldn't discount a guitar because it's made in
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by MetalMilitia212
My Japanese made Ibanez destroys my friends American made Dean from Hell in every way, so I'd say it doesn't matter.

its a dean so thats not saying much
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
in my experiences, american and japanese made guitars are of the highest quality. then they usually go down from there. if i had to make a list of countries based on quality i would say

japan > america > mexico > korea > china

but thats from playing guitars from various manufacturers that were made in those countries. mind you that the guitars i'v played were all mass produced, not hand made. if you hand make a guitar, i dont think it really matters where it's made, but with mass production, i'v certainly seen the differences in craftsmanship and quality between countries.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat