ive seen a number of threads which totally knock Acoustic Bass, well i was playing one earlier, and i loved it, i didnt want to put it down, why do you people dislike it?
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by Captian Xero
Most people are stupid. Its a fact.

lol sigged

well i personally dont think there is any point in getting an acoustic bass, but if you like it go for it.
if i could afford it, i would get it, but im pooor

it better still be there when i return to that store
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

I have nothing against them. I just wouldn't buy one myself.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
my bros girlfriend has a fender acoustic bass, Its pretty cool but I personally wouldn't buy one..I much rather prefer electric when it comes to playing bass
Personally, the only acoustic bass that's worth it is a Tacoma. Reason? It's actually audible with an acoustic guitar.

I haven't had a chance to play that particular Michael Kelly, so I couldn't tell you much about it. I'm also not too sure the B string would be that great, either.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Confused4930
http://tinyurl.com/2p78ff

I'm seriously considering buying this eventually....

i actually have played that before.
it was great sounding and something very cool, but outside of live acoustic albums (the only time i know of a good one is the Staind one) their use is EXTREMELY limited.

IMHO, dont flame me, there really was a difference from that then playing an electric through a very clean sounding amp.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
The only times where it would seem really useful to me is either an acoustic gig or jamming somewhere where power/an amp isn't available.

Which, in my case, does seem to happen often.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
I really wanna get one, but its nearly impossible around here to get string for it in a resonbably price.

..That sucks
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I've got the Tacoma thunderchief. I just love it. I played some songs together with 2 acoustic guitars, a snare and 5 vocalists and still could be heard.
Don't really know about other acoustic basses though. I played a Stagg, an Epi El Segundo and an Epi El Captain, all three of them lacked the sound that the tacoma has.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
I have a cheap cheap cheap acoustic and hate it. However, I played a Tacoma Thundercheif and thought it was fantastic. It may look a bit strange, but it really sounds amazing. It is true, you can hear it over a guitar. I played a Micheal Kelly and nothing struck me as amazing, except for when it was plugged in (it has a very powerful preamp).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I love playing one just when chilling out, unfortunately i dont own one myself
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
They're very nice, truth be told. But I don't think they're worth the money. The one's I've tried always seem Far too quiet.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
I like acoustic basses, but for the use I would get out of one, I'd have to have extreme G.A.S to justify that purchase. If you are going to get one, the Tacoma is the way to go--the others just don't have enough volume.