I just got a letter in the mail today confirming my acceptance in the driver's ed program at our school. I start Mar.1st, then I start driving in June. Any tips?
I know most of you older people think i'll just be another stupid teenage driver out there, but really, i'm a responsible person. How much does driver's ed benefit with your driving? Is it better than waiting and getting a license? Thanks.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I didn't take Driver's Ed. Driving is fun.

This thread was a good idea!
Just take things slow, and try to be relaxed about it. You just got to remember that worrying about what your car is doing is only 1 part of the equation. You also gotta worry about all the soccer moms on cell phones and old people out driving around.

And yes, Drivers Ed is very beneficial. For one, it lowers your insurance costs.
Just drive like everyone is trying to kill you, and you'll do fine.

Btw, that doesn't mean trying to kill them before they kill you. It means be a cautious driver and always keep an eye out for everything.
Quote by Archaon
I didn't take Driver's Ed. Driving is fun.

This thread was a good idea!

is that sarcasm?

anyway, thanks happytimeharry
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Haha...dude are you kidding? Drivers ed is bogus. Super easy, super boring.
The thing is, you don't really do anything in the class... you just drive with some guy every once and a while.
All my freinds take drivers ed, I couldn't get my permit till later and it was too late to sighn up. I turned 16 before them too.

All I can say is it would probably help but out of jealousy i'm just gonna practice on my own with my parents get my license and shove it in their faces.

Of course they'll be better drivers it's a tough program by what I hear but of course it will prepare you more.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I wouldn't take it unless it was required by law.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
plus, it's only 95 bucks when you take it with the school corporation, so that's a good deal.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
plus, it's only 95 bucks when you take it with the school corporation, so that's a good deal.

It's free in NC.
LOL
In California they make you take drivers ed, before you get your permit.
Drivers Ed is okay a lot of the stuff they cover is in the driving books at the DMV though
so it might be cheaper to get the book at the DMV and just read it
Quote by Dimebag22
4. the penis thread kid?

Quote by carol.
as of today 7.
you will forever be known to me as the "WHY DO My THREADS KEEP DYING!??! " kid.

drivers ed was a 12 hour class over 3 days of stuff you would know as a 5 year old, it was retarded. im driving in may WOOT!
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
idk. they just teach you in drivers ed the 'correct' way and the most efficient way, to pass your road test. then again, in New York driver's ed in mandatory if you want to get your license at 17. it dependsont he person. my dad showed me alot more useful things when driving than my instructor did. theyre not going to tell you certain things about being on the road, because technically theres things you're notsupposed to do that people do all the time. your parents can show you the 'real' basics, your instructor will just show you how tod o it to pass your road test.
It may or may not be beneficial, depends on how good your teacher is and how much you want to learn...

Oh, and don't get hit by a semi-truck (like me)
im in the same situation, i start at the beginning of april though

im pretty scared of driving but im hoping that once i get one the road at least once, ill get more used to it
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic