hi, i found a video of buckethead, and i came across this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo

can someone please tell me what scale this is in, i don't need the key. i just need the scale, because i love the sound of buckethead's solos and i've noticed lots of his solos are in the same scale, so if i know whis scale, i can improvise on it. also, once i get the scale, is there somewhere i could get the tabs for the particular scale? it would be very much appreciated. thanks.

also, if this is in the wrong forum, please tell me.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Feb 9, 2007,
i would say he plays in melodic minor, but with variations. He sometimes uses the whole note scale as well.
You know that notes in a key are just the notes of the same scales spread over other octaves, right?
Ex Notes of C major scale= C D E F G A B Notes of the Key of C major=C D E F G A B

Anyway, I don't know what key it is in, but you could find out by looking at a good tab(or writing your own by ear), finding out what notes are used, looking at the intervals used when the notes are lined up in order.
*Notes in C Major scale = C D E F G A B ... Notes in C Melodic Minor Scale = C D D# F F# A B.

burning snowman... its not the same. I dunno if we're talking about two different things here, but you sound like your full of crap.
^The notes in the C Melodic Minor scale are not C - D - D# - F - F# - A - B, they are C - D - Eb - F - G - A - B.
Quote by guitarjunky89
Notes in C Melodic Minor Scale = C D D# F F# A B.
Actually it's C D Eb F Gb A... it's enharmonic but it's easier to read/write...

---EDIT---
Oh god, I didn't see that Johnljones7443 had answered before me... well, knowing it 2x is better than not knowing it heh?
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
so this song is in C melodic minor?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!