I've recently bought a violin bow to play on my guitar. Have any of you tried this? If so, are you any good at it? Any advice? (besides using tons of reverb and some gain)

Does that actually work?
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Yeah, I'm not the best, but it's reminiscent of a strings section (obviously) and horns put together. It's hard to describe, but Sigur Ros has some great examples.
I play viola, and I've found it works phenomonally well on my acoustic, though not so much on my solid body. Though, it's not something you can just pick up and do perfectly, bowing. It took me four years of hard practise to honemy bowing technique, and even four years later, it could still stand improvement. It's quite a bitch to do properly.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
well here are some tips of my basic knowledge.

1) your violin bow is gonna only a few hours worth of playing. if you see some zeppelin shows when page whips out of violin for D&C or how many more times (early) you can notice the violin bow being shredded up after maybe 5-10 minutes of use.

2) you might need to get an arched bridge or w/e page had because if you dont i think you can only play the E strings.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
I actually just bought one a couple of hours ago from my local music store for $35. I got some free Rosin with it, too.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Good bows are not cheap. You'll probably want to have a fair amount of rosin on the bow and possibly a cloth to wipe rosin off your strings.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by chrisatgrace
maybe 15 dollars

Try something like $500

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
ive tried it, it sounds pretty cool.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.