ok i have a squier guitar and a Carlsbro keyboard amp!! Its a big amp and really powerful but the only effect it has is reverb.

Ive never used pedals or any effects and this is the only amp ive ever had.

I want to get sounds like ACDC, Blink 182, RHCP etc....Im not too pushed about the quality of the sounds.

Should i get a new amp like a roland microcube or should i get one of those multi effect pedal things???

Thanks!!!!
I would highly recomend NOT getting one of thos cheap mulit effect pedals. If your buying a pedal go for quality. Try http://www.bossus.com/ then look around for a pedal that suits your needs and then look around for one
Well...I suggest either getting a new amp, or a new guitar first. The amp will be most of your tone, and since it's a keyboard amplifier, it wont give you too great of sound.

Once you've done that, or even if you don't, definately look into some multi-effects pedals. Zoom pedals are fairly cheap, and the sound reflects that. but if you're using it just to experiment with some effects, they're good for that, and not too expensive.

By the way, what's your budget?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
thanks!
budget is roughly €100

Im not too pushed about the sound quality
If you want a cheap fix in terms of getting some distortion then go for a Boss SD-1 or maybe the OS-2 if you want to shell out another tenner or so for a bit more versatility- you'll be much better off looking for a new amp, but you ain't gonna get one for 100 euros
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check out the Digitech RP series. Yes they are multi-effect, but they are amazing once you get some user-made presets in there. I currently have a RP 200A and soon I'm going to get a RP 350.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
not too pushed about the sound quality? why? i dont see why you wouldnt. if you got new gear, isnt that the point of it?

anyway

new amp first.
Amp.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy