Whats a good way to learn to read music fast enough to join a school jazz band? I dont need to know ever incy bit of the stuff i wanna learn how to identify which note goes where and learn how to do it fast and easy?

P.S. I know comes with experience but i need to do this quick
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Last edited by rockintill2 at Feb 9, 2007,
Just buy a guitar method book and study it for a lil bit...i bougth a bass method book when i first started learning bass but i got bored with notes so just decided to go to tabs,recently i also wanted to join my schools jazz band so i had to learn to read music. I studied the book for about 2 hours and i could read it fluently
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
lol really 2 hoursi was focus for about 5 mins i have a few questions about it tho how can u tell when it would be on the 16th fret of the 6th string and not the 4th fret?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
Quote by rockintill2
lol really 2 hoursi was focus for about 5 mins i have a few questions about it tho how can u tell when it would be on the 16th fret of the 6th string and not the 4th fret?

It doesnt matter where you play it, its all the same note. Usually though you would play it between the 4th fret and the open string because you can cover all of your notes there.

And it will take you longer than 2 hours to learn how to do it well enough to sightread jazz band material. It takes time, you cant just learn it all in one sitting. It will take a few days to get it, because it has to 'soak' into your brain. So just practice lots.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
so if its this its just what ever e u can reach on the first string?

-
-

-

-

-
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
anyone?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
TECHNICALLY its all the same note. But if its the E that is 3 leger lines below the staff, it is meant to be on the open low E string. If it is the one in the top space, it is the open E. If it is the one 3 leger lines above the staff, it is the 12th fret on high E...etc
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build