K so I've finally found a place that sells randalls in Canada (Steves Music) and im probobly going tomorrow, but I just want some suggestions of amps to try out.

So im looking for a 50 watt COMBO and tube (preferably) and my budget is like $710 Canadian MAX

Ive been looking at the Randall RG50TC and the Randall RX50D (im pretty sure its valve but still)

So would these be good amps to consider and if they aren't could anyone recommend any other Randalls in my price range? Thanks.

O and the type of music im into is Satriani,Vai,Malmsteen, etc. and I also enjoy blues and some Death Metal...good combo lol.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

do you have to have tube? randall make excellent solid states too, check out the the G3 line, that line of amps goes up to 150 watt I think and kick ass. but if you do want tube then the RG50TC would be your best bet I reckon
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
dude get the Randall RX50D, i own it. its the baddest amp ever and i havent had the first problem with it.
but why would i get a solid state? isnt tube better? and im looking to use a delay pedal with it so wouldnt it sound better if it was tube?

O and I recently found a Marshall Dsl 401 for around $700 also can anyone tell me which one would suit me for the type of music I play?

Thanks
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Last edited by ibanlezbians at Feb 9, 2007,
A solid state is good for many people. People, notably Dimebag, preferred the tighter tone of SS amps, and used Randalls exclusively (until his dealings with Krank). Also, your Landmine pedal would work lovely with it.

That said...get the DSL.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
i donno but ive heard that the dsl 401 has heating problems and the one im getting is 3 years old which is not really that much but its still taking a chance. Also im looking to use my amp in my bedroom to practise and to gig so im guessing the RG50TC would be better for that am I correct?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

I'd forgotten about the faults of the DSL. It has a bad speaker and is generally worse than the DSL head (from what I've heard). The Randall will give you a much heavier and tighter distortion, however it will be much more sterile than the DSL. Take your pick.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
If you want to do really tight metal, go for a solid state randall. Just try them and see what you like. Ask the salesmen if you can try it with an eq in the loop.
What do you mean by sterile? Like a plain sorta sound or I donno?

And a really tight heavy distortion is not everything im looking for. Im looking for a versitile amp, but ye a tight heavy distortion would still be nice:d and also i dont really want to got the solid state route.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Last edited by ibanlezbians at Feb 9, 2007,
EDIT: Thinking of a different Randall. Silly me.

EDIT2: Actually... is the RG full tube? I think it only has 2 tubes in the poweramp section (not like that's a bad thing).

Then again, if it is... the RG will not be as full and warm as the Marshall. It will probably not be as versatile either. However, the RG will give you tight, punchy distortion.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Last edited by soccerdude3465 at Feb 9, 2007,
ye the RG is all tube and its only $600 canadian Brand New. I would get the Dsl...but Im pretty sure i dont want to take a chance. Not with all the problems im hearing it has.

Am i right for doing this?

O and just out of curiousity...how would the Randall RG50TC compare to a Peavey Valve-King 112?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

The only way I'd take the Valveking over a Randall is if someone gave me a 5150 along with the ValveKing.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

lol k thanks
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123