Im just a little curious about why I sometimes see the word "noob" on UG. I've always considered that a geeky/gamer word, (just and opinion) and now i see it all over the place in forums.

Am i the only one who thinks that "Noob" is more of a video game word and not a forum word?

Oh and also, ive noticed that people use "Pwned" and "Owned" a lot. I sorta think those fall into the same category. But this is just my opinion. Anyone else agree?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Twist of fate
They're world wide terms

i realize that but aren't they worldwide GAMING terms??
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
your 4 n00b if y0u dont lik3 it Pwnt!!!11111!!!!! Zomgzzzzzz
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
No-one really cares it's only the internet. I prefer Newbie myself.
It was only explicitly a gaming term like 5-8 years ago, kid.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by GibsonRocker14
Im just a little curious about why I sometimes see the word "noob" on UG. I've always considered that a geeky/gamer word, (just and opinion) and now i see it all over the place in forums.

Am i the only one who thinks that "Noob" is more of a video game word and not a forum word?

Oh and also, ive noticed that people use "Pwned" and "Owned" a lot. I sorta think those fall into the same category. But this is just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

STFU n00b
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've seen at is a gaming term.
But here lately I see as a nerd term.
No life = Noob & Pwnd

There is actually a kid in my school that walks around saying, " hahahah dude. You just got totally pwnd!i!i! " And yes. He adds the exclamation marks.
Thanks for taking this in a mature manner

EDIT: Nvm.. this is THE PIT
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
I pretty much agree. But I know a lot of people that use the word "owned" or "pwned" a lot in real life, though.