ok so I have a lite version of cubase and what not to record into my computer. But I'm having this one big problem that when i record, through the mic next to my amp it has an airy or roomy sound to it, how do I get it to be clear and full if you understand what I'm asking. Without plugging it directly into my inspire gt because I tried and that just makes it sound bad. thanks alot.
its the mic not cubase
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Try changing the position of it? Other than that, its a shoddy mic.
Quote by MadSchecterGTR
its a really good mic though

youll still pick up minor ring like sound you need to be in a room with no sound but your amp
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
What kind of mic is it and what kind of hardware are you running it into ?

It's definitely a hardware problem (either the mic, the equipment you're running it into, your amp itself or a noisy room), not Cubase.
That happens to me. I get a low fuzzy sound cos I think cubase SX picks up too much sound or something, so I stick to recording on Audacity or Cakewalk (If the program decides to pick up my mic ) and Cubase for beats and other electronic sounds.
you need a compressor, or a condenser mic.

or stop turning the gain up really high on your mixer, get the EQ right and dont put the input channels too high.. boost them up higher in the mix if needs be.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005