I just recently picked up a stereo mic mixer from Radio Shack because I wanted to be able to record my voice and guitar to my computer at the same time and preserve the live feel in my recordings. I couldn't get the mixer to work, even though I have no problem getting the mic to work when I plug it into the same jack. The guy at Radio Shack told me that this is because I have the audio input on my computer set for a mic, and that I needed to change my audio input settings. Anybody have any idea what this guy was talking about or how I do this?
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Feb 9, 2007,
Along the same lines, would making said changes allow me to record by running the ourput from my amp into the computer?
Death to Ovation haters!
you go to control pannel>sounds and speech> sounds and audio Devices>(tab) audio> change mic setting to your mic
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Did you tell this Radioshack guy that you want to record vocals+guitar? Because a computer mic will produce shit results.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I have only one option to pick from, though. Will that change if I plug in the mixer?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I have only one option to pick from, though. Will that change if I plug in the mixer?

yah you have to plug in the thing you want to record off first
Quote by Dimebag22
yah you have to plug in the thing you want to record off first

I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Death to Ovation haters!
yah no problem
Quote by Muphin
Did you tell this Radioshack guy that you want to record vocals+guitar? Because a computer mic will produce shit results.

Of course. That's why I got the mixer, so that I could run two separate inputs (my mic and my guitar) into one jack.
Death to Ovation haters!