Page 4 of 9
Quote by IcePh0enix
Is it the kind of acid that burns stuff?

no.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Guitarist132
dude... acid (slang i suppose?) = hallucinogenic drug

Alright already I get the point.
i think that circa survive sound a little like them same with underoath but they have a pretty unque sound
DEAD UNICORN ALLIANCE

THERES NO PENGUINS IN ALASKA ?!
i don't think that circa sounds anything like chiodos
chiodos is more straight forward
while circa is more spacey and dreaming
Did anybody else ever get the idea that this band goes home at night and masturbates to the Fall of Troy?
and discard the evidence

Gear:
Kay semi-hollow Vintage Series guitar
Epiphone Valve Jr. Tube Head
Epiphone Triggerman 4X12 Cab
Boss DS-1 Distortion
DOD Stereo Phaser
Digitech Screamin' Blues overdrive
Quote by DEADUNICORN
i think that circa survive sound a little like them same with underoath but they have a pretty unque sound

underoath has a unique sound? But circa sounds like chiodos...rofl gtfo
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Bump... for the sake of not having other random Chiodos threads popping up.

EDIT: The only thing that Circa Survive and Chiodos have in common is their record label.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Jan 24, 2008,
What is your favorite Chiodos song?

mine is "the words 'best friend' become redefined
Quote by jameskr3w
What is your favorite Chiodos song?

mine is "the words 'best friend' become redefined

if they ever come out with a song where they kill themselves at the end like all emo kids thatll be my favorite =]
[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7594/noideaib6.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by fret13
if they ever come out with a song where they kill themselves at the end like all emo kids thatll be my favorite =]

Wow, don't show off all of your intelligence at once

Mine is probably No Penguins.
Quote by bassbeat77
Wow, don't show off all of your intelligence at once

Mine is probably No Penguins.

sorry i dont have a Ph.D in gayness like some people
[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7594/noideaib6.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by fret13
sorry i dont have a Ph.D in gayness

Oh, I think you do.

To keep it relevant,
I like The Undertaker's Thirst...
Quote by original=punk
theyre post-hardcore/lite metalcore

even tho their myspace saya "hardcore/emo" hardcore is fast punk songs, they have meatl in their songs.

and they arent emo because the have a warped view of emo, they think emo is lyrics and the way you act on stage

emo is emotional/melodic hardcore punk. look it up.

Emo is about lyrics and what you write about, Not all emo bands are acoustic, Senses Fail is a great example of a non acoustic emo band.

and post hardcore/lite metalcore? is that what we've really come down to with genres?is simply hardcore not fine enough?
I like Chiodos for sure, others may hate his high pitched voice, but I sure as hell don't.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
*bumps another thread*

I'm really gettin into Chiodos right now. fun, kinda creative stuff they do. I really like Craig's voice and Cinematic Sunrise is pretty cool too.

although, it pissed me off that after looking at their wiki page apparently like every other line from the first album is taken from something like shakespeare sometimes even word for word.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Even though UG seems to hate them, from the one song I've heard by them they're pretty good. Like, a darker version of Panic at the Disco kind of. It seems like all their fans are scene skater douchebags though.
it not only seems. they are all scene skater douchebags

ehhh....not much like PATD IMO. but I'm having trouble placing what I think they sound like...

Well they just have the "I'm a pop rock band with violins and pianos" kind of thing going on.
Closest thing I have to a "Guilty Pleasure" band.

Not the best in any matter, but for whatever reason listening them got me to listen to "real" screamo. (Yes. I know that Chiodos aren't real screamo. Before anyone jumps on me for that.)
The new album is catchy and the vocals actually sound good.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by IcePh0enix
Well they just have the "I'm a pop rock band with violins and pianos" kind of thing going on.

hmmm, I suppose. but to tell the truth I wouldn't label these guys pop rock. they've got quite a few heavyish riffs and it really doesn't scream Pop! to me....

Chiodos are Amazing.
I think their songs are well written and vocals are great.
They are also amazing live.
Chiodos are fantastic, my favorite band for a few months now.
Does anyone know whether the way Craig Owens mainle sings is falsetto voice or throat voice?
Quote by Its_Rock77
hmmm, I suppose. but to tell the truth I wouldn't label these guys pop rock. they've got quite a few heavyish riffs and it really doesn't scream Pop! to me....

I guess they're kind of post hardcore'ish, but the song I've heard (Lexington) is pretty poppy. I'll listen to some of their other songs.
i used to really like this band
properly some were in this theard you can find me talking about how much i liked them
then one day i stopped listening to them for no reason
then went to listen to them again some time later
and just thought to myself why did i listen to this
i found it very strange
Yeah, when I first got Vheissu by Thrice, I hated it. Then I picked it up a year later and it's one of my favorite albums now. Not really sure why I disliked it. Anyways, what Chiodos album should I get first?
Quote by frd_marshll
i used to really like this band
properly some were in this theard you can find me talking about how much i liked them
then one day i stopped listening to them for no reason
then went to listen to them again some time later
and just thought to myself why did i listen to this
i found it very strange

Same haha .

Quote by xScarfx
Emo is about lyrics and what you write about, Not all emo bands are acoustic, Senses Fail is a great example of a non acoustic emo band.

and post hardcore/lite metalcore? is that what we've really come down to with genres?is simply hardcore not fine enough?

I dont know why I bother arguing this, but there is no such thing as acoustic emo and emo has nothing to do with lyrics.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
probably buy "All's Well That Ends Well" Bill.

I've heard that one's better.

I used to HATE chiodos, they sounded just like another fag scener band, but after actually listening to All's Well That Ends Well, ive determined that they arent a terrible band at all, in fact i quite like them
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Funny story about Craig Owens:

My friend Katy just moved to Los Angeles for her modeling career and met the guy at a show. They talked for awhile and swapped phone numbers.

She texted him the other day with a simple, "Whats up?" and he replied with, "Hey, send me some nude pictures of yourself. We're headed to a show and I have a long ride ahead of me and I want something to look at." Confused, she texted back, "Wow," to which he responded, "Don't give me any of that 9 year old 'wow' bullshit. Send me the fucking pictures or shut the Hell up." So she ignored him. He sent her a text the other day that said, "Are you ever going to send me pics of your pussy, you stupid bitch?"

I hate this band and bands like them.
Poor advice.
Funny story about Craig Owens:

My friend Katy just moved to Los Angeles for her modeling career and met the guy at a show. They talked for awhile and swapped phone numbers.

She texted him the other day with a simple, "Whats up?" and he replied with, "Hey, send me some nude pictures of yourself. We're headed to a show and I have a long ride ahead of me and I want something to look at." Confused, she texted back, "Wow," to which he responded, "Don't give me any of that 9 year old 'wow' bullshit. Send me the fucking pictures or shut the Hell up." So she ignored him. He sent her a text the other day that said, "Are you ever going to send me pics of your pussy, you stupid bitch?"

I hate this band and bands like them.
Your point?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Your point?

The point?
It's a Chiodos thread.
The story involved Chiodos.

I'm sorry, we're talking about Chiodos right?

Do you specialize in being an asshole or do you save it all for me?
Poor advice.