Page 5 of 9
Quote by stellar_legs
The point?
It's a Chiodos thread.
The story involved Chiodos.

I'm sorry, we're talking about Chiodos right?

Do you specialize in being an asshole or do you save it all for me?

I save it all for the semen bath

My point was that there isn't much credibility to the story (or is there?)

Quote by GITARdud391
So I don't know how these guys are in the pop punk and emo forum. Their stuff is some of the heaviest I've ever heard.

Hmm...

But yeah, semen bath, all I ever see you do is talk about how much you dislike this and that band for what their singer does (hey, I do the same thing, but not always in their threads, mainly in the 'band game' thread)

Anyways, back to Gitar dud, have you listened to other music? If you enjoy their "heaviness", you should try some other bands too. Or were you posting in a different demeanor?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I understand that there's not much I can do to convince you this happened, but it did happen.

I mean, short of giving you my friends number (which would be a strange intrusion of privacy), you'll just have to take my word for it.

It did happen.
Poor advice.
Quote by lordofthefood1

Anyways, back to Gitar dud, have you listened to other music? If you enjoy their "heaviness", you should try some other bands too. Or were you posting in a different demeanor?

I listen to alotta heavy music, and I'm not saying all their stuff is really heavy but songs like "Teeth The Size Of Piano Keys", "The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge...", and "The Words Best Friends..." are pretty damn heavy if you ask me.
Funny story about Craig Owens:

My friend Katy just moved to Los Angeles for her modeling career and met the guy at a show. They talked for awhile and swapped phone numbers.

She texted him the other day with a simple, "Whats up?" and he replied with, "Hey, send me some nude pictures of yourself. We're headed to a show and I have a long ride ahead of me and I want something to look at." Confused, she texted back, "Wow," to which he responded, "Don't give me any of that 9 year old 'wow' bullshit. Send me the fucking pictures or shut the Hell up." So she ignored him. He sent her a text the other day that said, "Are you ever going to send me pics of your pussy, you stupid bitch?"

I hate this band and bands like them.

It was a random girl, I don't blame him for not giving a crap about her life no matter how horrible that sounds.

however, what makes you think that craig owens gave her his number? It could have been joke in very bad taste.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by GITARdud391
I listen to alotta heavy music, and I'm not saying all their stuff is really heavy but songs like "Teeth The Size Of Piano Keys", "The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge...", and "The Words Best Friends..." are pretty damn heavy if you ask me.

I used to listen to them, but they really aren't heavy at all. They are really.. light to be honest. Maybe check out some Converge, His Hero is Gone, or Neurosis.. those bands are heavy.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by JustMimes
I used to listen to them, but they really aren't heavy at all. They are really.. light to be honest. Maybe check out some Converge, His Hero is Gone, or Neurosis.. those bands are heavy.

I was really only talking about those songs. Idk. I just don't think they belong in the same genre as say...Boys Like Girls. Not with songs like that.
Quote by GITARdud391
I was really only talking about those songs. Idk. I just don't think they belong in the same genre as say...Boys Like Girls. Not with songs like that.

You do understand how diverse this forum is, right?
Pop-punk/Emo is extremely vauge
encompassing everything from radio music, to guys whining with pianos, to post hardcore experiments, to the older bands that influenced all of them.
Now say his name.....
Quote by stellar_legs
I understand that there's not much I can do to convince you this happened, but it did happen.

I mean, short of giving you my friends number (which would be a strange intrusion of privacy), you'll just have to take my word for it.

It did happen.

You could give us his number
You know people are telling the truth when they go "there's not much I can do to convince you ".
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by Niftynico146
I love them, but I dont know any other bands that sound like them. That's probably why I like them so much.

try circa survive
circa survive aren't really similar at all save the vocal stylings. and those aren't even that close... I know there are some others like chiodos, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I just bought Bone Palace Ballet yesterday. I absolutely love it, although it seems short.

Edit: bought All's Well That Ends Well today. haven't listened yet though. starting now.

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jul 22, 2008,
Craig tried to kill himself...
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
That's messed up.

:/
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I just don't get it anymore.

there's absolutely no reason....these things just don't make sense.

If you read his disorders it does make sense.
I have a friend that is just as ****ed up and has tried that same ****. He keeps it under cover when out in public.
Everyone is screwed in the head, some more than others.
It was on UG and punknews.org
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3
lmao i like that

no falsetto, ever..........

are you questioning it?
he seemed very interested and excited to answer your question

Quote by Its_Rock77
he seemed very interested and excited to answer your question

He seemed upset, like offended. Or at least to me.

I hear about his falsetto a lot on youtube etc.
and you have no idea why?

I can sing every note asides from one in "Our Honeymoon" and I don't ever use falsetto.

what's he supposed to say to that?

Quote by Its_Rock77
and you have no idea why?

what's he supposed to say to that?

lol, I guess so.
I was more getting at him being more talented than I, therefore using that to argue for him. But I can see it being misconstrued.
oh yeah, I can see that approach now too I guess.

but I would say his first impression was probably the same as mine.

Quote by original=punk
chiodos isnt poppunk, and they arent emo.

wrong forum.

Acutally they are emo, and i think that Circa Survive sounds like them and Peirce the Veil.

and a little of Vogue In The Movement.
^^truth.
but let's not get into this plz.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Name the last time I wrote about something other than youwew annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.

Haha, fun band.
Quite fun
some of my favorite "sing-a-longs" have been with Chiodos and alcohol
I have a 'thing' when I'm playing the game with the balls and cups
where I can only shoot when there is a vocal shift (start, change of delivery, change of singer)
this and TBS offer the most of that

(I cheat sometimes though
we scream the "WOO" from the demo of No Penguins
so I count that as a vocal shift)
Now say his name.....
i prefer playing the top spin 3 drinking game.
i never remember anything after playing that shit.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
ETiD are just as shameful imo.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
errr....ETID?

and Chiodos is quite a fun band. especially when you get the people who are like "hey!!! lyke dis is sum perty gud stuf mayn!!!"

and then Craig starts screaming.

just beautiful.

every time i die.
i presume you were asking who they were, as opposed to taking the piss out of the guy for seeing them?
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
yeah, I'm not good with acronyms.