Sorry,it might sound silly,but how do you deactivate the effect of a wah?I've recently purchased a behringer hellbabe( ) and when i dont need the wah,and the wah effect is sorta like eating my distortion,making my distortion sound 'hollow'.Now when I switch the position of my wah,(Amp-wah-zoom 505II(Another )) I cant get the metal sounding distortion.The distortion sounds nice for blues and jazz,but not for metal.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Push the pedal all the way down until it clicks.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Push it real hard?Nothing's gonna break right?'Cause like,i just sent it for repair because the pedal was tilting sideways
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
adjust your bypass timer at the back
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, just push on the switch until it deactivates, but do you mean the bypass is bad? I.E, it sucks your tone just by putting it in your loop without turning it on? If that's the case, then you'll either want a new wah, or if you like it, you could try getting an A/B/Y box and then splitting the signal so you could activate the loop with the wah and then switch back. I'll try to explain what I mean.

Guitar-->A/B box-->("A" loop) Wah--> ("B" loop) Nothing (for taking the wah out of the signal)-->Something that brings the signal back together, maybe another A/B box-->Zoom-->Amp.

I don't know how well I explained that, tell me if you don't get it.
^ So how do you make sure you don't accidentally switch off the wah pedal if you are using it in the middle of a crazy solo?
Like a lot of pople have said, push the pedal down with some pressure until you hear it click. Then it'll be on/off, you'll need to test. If you have it clicked down, it should be off, and if it isn't clicked, it'll be on.
The wah should also come first in your chain.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
The behringer hellbabe is an optical wah and doesnt have a toe down switch. Its probably got really crappy bypass.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
^Even if it is optical, how does it bypass itself...?

Crap wah, return it if possible.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I think he's talking about the way a Bad Horsie would operate (ie step on it, wah on, take foot off and it automatically goes into bypass)

But i seriously doubt thats the way a behringer would work
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
There's a timer adjuster at the back, the longer the time you put the longer it will take to bypass it when let go.

And yeah, its a crap wah, range isnt good, the only thing that's half decent with it is you can volume boost it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I concur.

It is quite a crappy wah.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Quote by madpickin03
adjust your bypass timer at the back

By using what?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by De Amazing Blob
Guitar-->A/B box-->("A" loop) Wah--> ("B" loop) Nothing (for taking the wah out of the signal)-->Something that brings the signal back together, maybe another A/B box-->Zoom-->Amp.

If you're going to do this (Incase the wah doesn't have a bypass) You need to do this:

Guitar-->A/B box-->("A" loop) Wah--> ("B" loop) Nothing (for taking the wah out of the signal)-->Y-cable with two inputs and one output-->Zoom-->Amp.
Quote by Broken-pick
By using what?

small screwdriver, you can see "BYPASS Timer Adjust" Long-Short

inside the hole there's a plastic knob which can be adjusted
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Please dont kill me for asking this,i know it sounds stupid but why adjust?I just did that,and I dont find any difference.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
make sure you have your cables to, cable->input->output/bypass

It'll adjust the response time for it to bypass, if you adjust the timer to go longer, then when your pedal return to its norm it takes a little more time to bypass it and return to your settings without the pedal. Adjust it on clean channel for more clarity, this pedal on dirty = horrible.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
okay,so it's wah pedal>cable->input->output/bypass>505II>guitar?

I did that,but when i play the wah,it doesn't work.The distortion is there,but the wah effect isnt there although i press it down and I have to crank the volume to hear my amp.

Argh,this pedal is makin me sick....
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic