So, I was looking around on M-A one night for some new bands to listen to. I came across October Tide. Seeing that they had a few members from Katatonia, I thought "why not?" Checked them out and I say, they are very good. I read that Peaceville is going to re-released both albums soon, so when they come out, I might go and buy them. Thoughts?

http://www.myspace.com/octobertideband
Great band! 12 Days of Rain and Grey Dawn are amazing songs. I gotta get more of their stuff.
So what do people think of this band? Just listened to Grey Dawn for the first time, pretty enjoyable. Kinda feels like a doomy Opeth, but the songwriting isn't that shitty.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
SGRocker0791!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain Without End is good, other two are nothing special.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yeah I listened to all three albums yesterday and Grey Dawn stood out to me the most

Sumdeus
Rain Without End is the best of the bunch. I've listened to that album a ridiculous amount of times. The outro to All Painted Cold is the highlight of the album for me, and of course Jonas from Katatonia doing the growls, which were pretty sweet. I think that was his last recorded harsh vocal performance as well.
Quote by duncang
SGRocker0791!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, this thread is old.

I've never bothered to check out October Tide. Maybe I should get on that.
Yeah, October Tide are awesome. Loved Rain Without End and Grey Dawn, but I haven't had time to check out the new album.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I dug the band when I listened to em a while back but never felt the urge to return to em

Sumdeus