It was our first day back at school after 2 months yesterday and i tol dhim i had a song ready that i had practiced all holidays to play for the class. So he was saying how it was great that on the first day back im willing to perform. So i got up there with my new acoustic and played and sang **** her gently by tenacious D. Everyone loved it except for him. It was good fun though, but now he's gonna talk to the head of the music department and all this crap. But it was still pretty fun
I was in the band room today, and I was playing my guitar, and the sub said "Quit playing that rock n' roll crap!"
Err...nice one?

That's a good one for class, err yeah, definently. Next time do Fucked with a Knife - Cannibal Corpse.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by $Guitarist$
Please tell me you didnt sing the lyrics.

Haha if i didnt there wouldnt be a problem
It obviously isn't wrong for him to try to get you kicked out, but it is quite irrational. Maybe a few detentions would be in line.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
This sounds like a "LOLZ CHECK ME OUTS I AM COOL" thread.

If it's true... what did you expect, really? Don't get me wrong, I dig the D as much as the next guy, but their songs are simple to play. If you'd played a reasonably impressive song with equal amounts of obscenity, you'd probably look less like an attention seeking prat. As it is... congratulations, the dunce corner is over there.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I played my guitar behind my head during pep band last night when we played Louie Louie. The band director said "Nice little performance there." or something, i cant remember.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
If you're telling the truth, which I doubt, then you deserve to be booted. That's entirely immature and a poor, pathetic attempt to try to get attention. Here's to your expulsion.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Ah yes. I joined this play that my school puts on. We put about an hours worth of music and songs together with dance. Basically a broadway musical. Practice for 6 months and then have it as a show as part of this school fundraiser. So i joined to play guitar for the band that plays while the actors sing and dance. We do a whole bunch of tunes and styles of music. So anyway, a week before the fundraiser, we do the entire show as a dress rehersal in front of the school. So after months of playing quiet with an orchestra/jazz band playing broadway show tunes and cheap pop songs i was getting anxious. So on the effects board I'm playing into i put in one of my metal presets and set the volume all the way up. In the middle of the song "A whole new world" (its from the movie aladin) i break out into the most obnoxious and flashy solo you would imagine: tapping, sweeps, lots of dim7 arripegios. The entire production stops and looks at me. SO then we get into the music again. At the very end, someone in the crowd yells out freebird. So me, my friend whose on the piano, and another friend who is actually singing onstage stop playing with the band and doing a rendition of Freebird in its entirity. The rest of the orchestra is confused. We sing a verse, chorus and then i get a couple bars into the solo before the cut the music. and of course, the highschool crowd boos and i get the look of death from the dirrector. Lets just say the three of us were not playing for the fundraiser.

(We planned the freebird thing beforehand, but the solo was me on my own.)
Quote by musicology
If you're telling the truth, which I doubt, then you deserve to be booted. That's entirely immature and a poor, pathetic attempt to try to get attention. Here's to your expulsion.

I dont remember rock ever being anything to do with being mature.
Quote by Dirt Bag Boy
nice for our talent show me and my friends did rape me and they pulled the plug on us :P

That's because Nirvana sucks, not because it's obscene.
Dickless.
Anyone ever done that trick where you press the strings down then pluck it?

I think i came up with a new technique!
oooohhhh nice one^
"Hate is just baggage, lifes too short to be pissed off at everybody all the time." - American History X

Founder of the official Liquid Tension Experiment club, PM me to join!

In Soviet Russia, Acid Trips You!
what the hell did you think was gonna happen? retard
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
what did you expect to happen, honestly?
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Ya, youre an idiot. I hope you get kicked out.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Well if you are actually serious then you get everything you deserve. Did you honestly think you could sing Fuck Her Gently and not get in trouble? If so then this is why everyone thinks Americans are unintelligent.
Hate to say it, but singing Fuck Her Gently does not constitute being "cool". Nor does getting kicked out for it. You're an idiot, you deserve it. I don't hope you get kicked out, but I do hope you learn something, and don't go out of your way to get a laugh next time.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
congrats, I nearly get kicked out of jazz band everyday for playing metalish stuff or having the volume past 2.... and we never do anything in jazz band anyway
Quote by greety
Err...nice one?

That's a good one for class, err yeah, definently. Next time do Fucked with a Knife - Cannibal Corpse.

or ANY Cannibal Corpse for that matter. Pretty much all of there stuff is gory or violent. Doesn't mean I don't like them though cause CC is some good shit
okay (if this isn't a made-up story) that song's pretty funny and stuff but...

how ****ing stupid are you?
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Ghandhi was the greatest shredder ever.

Quote by Siftings
Ian Mackaye confuses a shot of heroin with his insulin, and hilarity ensues.
Quote by walker-rose
I played my guitar behind my head during pep band last night when we played Louie Louie. The band director said "Nice little performance there." or something, i cant remember.

LMAO

i seriously did the exact same thing
same song

and my band teacher

said the same thing...

@_@
you should explain to him that music is music no matter what the lyrics say

just say that you were playing music and not trying to be a dumb****......also say that you were trying to sing in key and that was one of the easiest song and you thought that since it is music they wouldnt care
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
hahaha mad props dude. what a great song. sure, like these guys said, it was probably a stupid move, but it was only your teach who had a problem with it. if i could sing well my teach woulda thought it was hilarious.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
pffft, we did that all the time last year in music. We'd sit there and play Stephen Lynch or Tenacious D songs for like a half hour before practicing our exam concert songs...away from the teacher though because he hated it.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
pffft, we did that all the time last year in music. We'd sit there and play Stephen Lynch or Tenacious D songs for like a half hour before practicing our exam concert songs...away from the teacher though because he hated it.

I don't see why people do that...

Why not learn a song that builds your skill as a guitarist, instead of a gay novelty song for cheap laughs? So your grandkids can sit around as you play an acoustic and when they ask for "Tears in Heaven" you can say, I don't know that, but I'll play "Double Team" or "Special Ed"!!!

Your Guitar Teacher + His Songs > You + Your songs.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
I don't see why people do that...

Why not learn a song that builds your skill as a guitarist, instead of a gay novelty song for cheap laughs? So your grandkids can sit around as you play an acoustic and when they ask for "Tears in Heaven" you can say, I don't know that, but I'll play "Double Team" or "Special Ed"!!!

Your Guitar Teacher + His Songs > You + Your songs.

I see no problem with doing both.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Vos
Well if you are actually serious then you get everything you deserve. Did you honestly think you could sing Fuck Her Gently and not get in trouble? If so then this is why everyone thinks Americans are unintelligent.

And that comes from the guy who seems to think New Zealand is in America.