any1 know the pickups Kurt Cobain, Kirk Hammett, Pete Townshend, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and Johnny Ramone used? where?
lol every one of them have a different pickup..

Kurt and Hendrix probably used stock pickups in there fenders.
Slash i thing used a 59 duncan and jazz
kirk used mostly EMg's
and im not sure about the rest..
thx
i mean which ones they used idividually, just want a broad idea nothing to speciific
Quote by Tehzekester
They all used different ones I'd say... Maybe Jimi, Jimmy, and Pete used similar ones...

You funny. Jimi used stock STRAT pickups and Jimmy had a Les Paul... yeah with HUMBUCKERS.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
slash uses a Alnico II Pro seymourduncan pickup but i'm not sure which
Gear:
Gibson Custom Les Paul Alpine White
Gibson SG Standard
!!!!Eric Clapton Blackie!!!!
Dunlop Wah
Boss Overdrive
Boss Distortion
Digitech RP100
Van Halen Flanger
Marshall Full Stack
Martin D-18VE
Martin M-16GT
Taylor 410CE
Kurt Cobain used Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB's (TB-4) in almost all of his guitars. There were the occasional S.D. Hot Rails in Strats and a competition Mustang. In one of his Jaguars there was a Dimarzio Super-Distortion in the bridge and Dimarzio PAF in the neck, but even this was replaced with a JB in the bridge.
Quote by Eric 666
Kurt used DiMarzio pickups, especially in his Mustang.

No
Oh, well as far as Cobains gear I bought a Guitar World issue back in like 97 that interviewed his guitar tech and basically broke down all the gear he used from the beginning to the end. It also had a whole different article dispelling a lot of the myths and misinformation about his gear, like the one about Dimarzios in Mustangs. But I came across a website that you could look at that is based almost entirely off of this article. www.kurtsequipment.com - It has the most accurate info.