If you loosen or tighten 1 of the six screws on the humbucker, could it cause the humbucker to go dead?
unless you moved it too close or too far away from the string. dunno.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
o ok, just wandering cause that was one of the two reasons I thought humbucker went dead for. So what are the screws for then?
Making the magnets higher or lower.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
^ No.

The screws are charged with magnetic energy which picks up the vibrations of the strings. They're like pole peices (the metal circles) on other pickups, except they're adjustable. You can bring one closer to a string to make it more sensitive to that string.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
by 6 screws i thought he meant the two height adjustment screws and the 4 ring screws instead of the 12 polepieces.
Quote by Will_Minus
^ No.

The screws are charged with magnetic energy which picks up the vibrations of the strings. They're like pole peices (the metal circles) on other pickups, except they're adjustable. You can bring one closer to a string to make it more sensitive to that string.
actually the coil itself receives the magnetic signal from the strings.

the pole-piece (screw) has far too much magnetic hysteresis to be able to respond to the signal from the strings.

bringing the screw closer to the strings merely allows the string to be more strongly magnetized.

a more strongly magnetized string, makes the signal the coil receives stronger.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.