alright so my band every now and then decides to jam some songs that are in tunings other than drop D or E standard but never make any, i was playing my acoustic in eb yesterday and realy liked the way it sounded and all the progressions and songs i usually play sound fine, and my bands songs sound fine at least the basic rythym parts, but thats where my question comes in, what are the benefits of switching to flat and what are the cons??? i know singing is a little weird but thats just from umming as it was late last night so i didnt have much of a chance to see how vocals were affected
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
u have to get ur truss rod adjusted. drop tuning without properly setting up can warp the neck.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
u have to get ur truss rod adjusted. drop tuning without properly setting up can warp the neck.
This is a myth. The truss rod does not provide tension against the strings, it simply counters the tension of the strings by remaining rigid and not bending or warping. You can remove all strongs from your guitar and the neck shouldn't warp.

The benefits of tuning down 1/2 step:
1. It's generally easier for men to sing a little lower
2. The strings are looser and easier to bend
3. A song in Eb or Ab can provide a cool switch on a album or set where everything else is in E or A. Yes, you will notice the difference even if you don't have perfect pitch.
realy how bad can that get and how quick....do i gotta pay money for that???
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-