Anybody here willing to work on an online band? I want it to be an Experimental-ish band with alot of influence from whatever genre's the members are into. My main inspiration for this band comes from The Sound of Animals Fighting, but does not necassarily have to sound anything like them at all. I want the band to push the limits of music an become it's own genre through encompassing melodies. This is a serious band though, so don't say you would like to join if you're never going to do anything.

What we need:
-A drummer
-A bassist
-Up to 3 vocalists (a screamer would be nice, not growling or pig-squeling or anything like that, a true melodic scream)
-A lead guitar (with experience)
-A keyboardist (if possible)
-Someone who can mix all of the tracks
-A third guitarist (maybe)

I'm going to be playing rythym guitar and/or keyboards if we need it. Only reply if you are truly interested.
I play guitar and bass. You can look at my influences by clicking on my name. I also play a lot of heavier stuff.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
why wouldn't you just start a real band. Just curious.

although this is a 234602760236 to 1 chance... do you live in Tucson, AZ?
would be proud to lend my guitar and bass playing skills, I also have a harmonica, a mouth harp and a banjo.

i would love to do it. unfortunatly, i lack recording gear. which really sucks, cause this seems like an awesome project.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface

i would love to do it. unfortunatly, i lack recording gear. which really sucks, cause this seems like an awesome project.

Download Audacity. That's what I have now, and if you buy some extra cables, you can record direct. Or just use a mic.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
To jthm and Doodleface:
Both of you can join the band, you just have to decide amongst yourselves who will play bass and who will play guitar. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please PM me.

To guitarjunky:
I've tried to start a band not over the internet, but either no one wanted to join, or it crash and burned miserably. I figure, if TSOAF can make kick-ass music without meeting each other or even hearing the other parts until the album is produced, I can put together a kick-ass internet band.
Also, sorry but I don't live in Arizona or anywhere near the western-half of the country.
Last edited by th4t_1_k!d at Feb 10, 2007,
i could do the scream vocals, im not sure what you mean by melodic scream but i could probably do it
Last edited by as_i_lay_dying1 at Feb 10, 2007,
Im a decent guitarist, I can (Somewhat) Sing/scream, I can probally mix tracks (I'm generally good at stuff like that), and I can use sampler programs to make somepretty werid sounding stuff.

My influences:

The Cure
Bob Marley
Placebo
Black Flag
Anti-Flag
RHCP
Nirvana
TSOAF
Blink (the origional, not 182)
Black Sabbath
Infected Mushroom
Rachel Stamp
RATM
Audioslave
The Ramones
QOTSA
Minor Threat
Satch
SRV
Hendrix
Clapton
Dimebag
Judas Priest
And many more

So basically I'll play anything, and I'll take up more or less anything. Got a use for me?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Good luck with this project!

I'm in a band that organizes online. We get together once a year to play a gig (a different city each year). We have some private forums we use to discuss what to play, arrangements, etc. and to exchange demo .mp3's.

If you ever figure out how to do live practice online, drop me a PM. We tried both Teamspeak and Yahoo chat and the latency made them unusable for practice (good enough for free conference calls for band meetings though).
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
I'm here for guitar/keyboard. I've got both an electric and an acoustic, and I've got some recording gear.

I'm also pretty good at backup vocals because of the way I sing. (If I try to sing an E, it ends up as a G. Awesome melodics there.)

I've also had experience mixing, so I can do that as well.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
i play a five string bass and hope to get some equipment for recording soon, actually been playin bass for 4 years
Last edited by DethProduct at Feb 12, 2007,
I play guitar, bass and kaoss pad. I rule at guitar. I should be in
Fernandes Ravelle Elite
Ibanez destroyer - motherbucker, p90
Ibanez iceman custom - bareknuckle nailbomb, hot p90
Ibanez aeg10
Line6 DL4
Zvez Fuzz factory
Cry baby wah
Laney tfx3h
Marshall 1936
Korg Kaoss 2
Yamaha Clavinova
I play drums, Have for years, am currently switching to midi using drums from hell and a converted ludwig kit. I use a PC with cakewalk pro and wavelab with an M-Audio interface as well as a stand alone Akai pro DWS . I have a ton of mics, Shure, AKG, Audio Technica . Influences are too many to list. I've played in both origonal and cover bands, from AC DC to Tool to Sublime.... hit me up, we'll talk..
I play guitar (electric, classical and acoustic), I have recording equiptment, I can mix songs and I also play the ocarina (Its a flute-ish instrument).

My influences are -

Bal Sagoth
Iron maiden
Judas priest
Dragonforce
Metallica
Hammerfall
Thunderstone
Ensiferum
Wintersun
In Flames (the old stuff)
Kataklysm