View poll results: Which Trem?
Original Floyd Rose
5 36%
Edge Pro
8 57%
Edge Pro III
1 7%
Voters: 14.
Im going to build a guitar from scratch and i want a good tremolo systen but i can't choose which one. These are the 3 I had in mind....

1) Original Floyd Rose
2) Edge Pro
3) Egge Pro III

What do you think of these 3 and which would be a wise choice fom tuning stability, sustain, and good for dive bombs and things like that. Please say WHY you would choose that trem.

Thanks.
Last edited by mitch12 at Feb 10, 2007,
I heard from quite a few places that the Edge pro III isn't that good. But haven't personally used it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Whats the difference between the 2 other than cutting the ends of the strings?
Edge Pro definitely. It's a hell of alot smoother, and it's got a really low profile making it easier to pick without the tall FR getting in the way. Plus the locking screws are in a different place than with the FR, so if you DO happen to break a string you don't have to hold the bridge back while you work the screws because they're not so close to the body like on the FR. And the fine tuners work great, you can drop your D with them and only have to make minor adjustments.
Quote by mitch12

Edge Pro - Superb lower profile for comfort, arm-bent more straight, pop-in arm, easy adjustable arm-torque using replaceable bushings
OFR - Higher profile, arm is bent more, collar screw arm

But still you cant drop-D using only the fine tuners without rendering all the strings out of tune/the bridge unparallel to the body.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Edge pro II is supposed to be made out of softer metals etc...

Basically, the build quality is worse.
Quote by mitch12

The Edge III (not Edge pro III) is made of cheap materials that will wear out with use, and make your guitar go out of tune.

The OFR and the Edge Pro are just different trems, both top notch. You should try them and decide for yourself.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by godofshred
^i can do that with my lo trs, nearly any fr can Drop D

your bridge wont be parallel after dropping to D (sink inside), therefore jeopardizing your tuning stability. Also, dropping the low E to D would throw all the strings out of tune, you'd still need to retune all of them with the fine tuners and basically can cost you more time then just reseting the whole system back.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I dont really mind how well you set up your FR, even I can get really best out of my LoTRSII and i've tried to get to D, its so much better reseting the system back to its norm and by adjusting the springs at the back.

When your bridge is parallel, you'll have more range to pull rather than your bridge sinking, also, it wouldnt hurt your knife edges too much since the pressure is acting downwards more, risking the knife edge to dent/chip.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If i wanted to go to drop D, could i use one of the drop D clip things (i dont know what they are called) behind the bridge. While its clipped on it holds the guitar in standard tuning but then wen u take off the D tuner clip it drops it to D.
Quote by mitch12
If i wanted to go to drop D, could i use one of the drop D clip things (i dont know what they are called) behind the bridge. While its clipped on it holds the guitar in standard tuning but then wen u take off the D tuner clip it drops it to D.

"clip thing" = D-tuner

you cant fit one on the EdgePro but you can have them on the OFR. The only major downside is, if your bridge is recessed (which 100% would be..) you may not be able to fit it in since the trem is deeper. Even if you can fit one, you'd have too much trouble diving up since the d-tuner would really get in the way and knock the body, rendering you unable to up-pull.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
thanks for clarifying the D-tuner thing. Ill just leave that part out and just use my other guitar for drop D i guess
i can go drop c with a floyd rose, not hard at all
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff