what are they and how does one do them? i'm trying to learn a solo but i got no idea how to do or waht these are. any help?

-ty
Quote by AWA
Drink your own semen. It really helps.

Quote by dave_c2k2
I download my music and i traffic drugs

Quote by wannabe jesus
^ n00b, everyone knows the e is accented. Pokémon

Quote by pnblwzrd
Ummm.... Women can't invent....
I think it's when you fret a note and do a natural harmonic 12 frets higher.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yea that what i thought it sounds like shit though, maybe i just suck dick at them
Quote by AWA

Quote by dave_c2k2

Quote by wannabe jesus

Quote by pnblwzrd
you gotta fret the note and then use your pick and thumb on the pick at the same time, plucking the string kind of. really hard to explain
Quote by AliceInChainz
yea that what i thought it sounds like shit though, maybe i just suck dick at them

It's also called a tapped harmonic. Fret a note and tap the note one octave below(12 frets down). Make sure it's a quick tap. And press all the way down on the fretboard with the tap. Also, don't let go of the fretted note.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by alexi_laiho18
you gotta fret the note and then use your pick and thumb on the pick at the same time, plucking the string kind of. really hard to explain

That's a pinch harmonic.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
its when you fret a note and pick it with a lot of your thumb and a little pick. It does take time though.
thansk for the help so far guys, but yea i don't think it's pinch harmonic i'm after. i'm trying to learn the solo for quiet by the smashing pumpkins heres a link if that helps at all http://www.spfc.org/data/music/gtab/quiet-1.tab
Quote by AWA

Quote by dave_c2k2

Quote by wannabe jesus

Quote by pnblwzrd
Quote by guitarjunky89
its when you fret a note and pick it with a lot of your thumb and a little pick. It does take time though.

No, that's a pinch harmonic.

the other guys are right. (except that one other guy who also thought pinch harmonics and artificial harmonics are the same)