Why is it that brands like Fender endorse some not so prime guitarists and leaves really good ones out? I mean if Tom from Blink 182 can get a signature guitar with fender why dont artists like Pete Townshend, John Frusciante, Tom Morello, (Insert Fender User Here) get signature guitars? Sure they might be over rated it all Tom Delonge does is play a bunch of power chords while jumping up and down. Theres an occasional good riff but all the artists mentioned above are better IMO.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
im not sure what even makes a signature guitar anymore... alot of them are just like "okay, i want that body, with that paint, and those pickups"...
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Because, Tom Delonge guitars will sell better that Tom Morello ones. It's silly because the guitarists you stated deserve signature guitars more. Maybe they have been offered but chose not to have a guitar made for them?
Actually,I suppose that a guitar company need a gutiarist's OK to mass-produce his signiture model,besides,Pete already has a Gibson signiture.
Quote by soul_power
Why is it that brands like Fender endorse some not so prime guitarists and leaves really good ones out? I mean if Tom from Blink 182 can get a signature guitar with fender why dont artists like Pete Townshend, John Frusciante, Tom Morello, (Insert Fender User Here) get signature guitars? Sure they might be over rated it all Tom Delonge does is play a bunch of power chords while jumping up and down. Theres an occasional good riff but all the artists mentioned above are better IMO.

I Agree
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
im not sure what even makes a signature guitar anymore... alot of them are just like "okay, i want that body, with that paint, and those pickups"...

Pretty much. A lot of the times though the artist actually has specific fretboard radius's cut and whatnot.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by _fender_fan_
Because, Tom Delonge guitars will sell better that Tom Morello ones. It's silly because the guitarists you stated deserve signature guitars more. Maybe they have been offered but chose not to have a guitar made for them?

Yeah i thought that was possible too. I can see john just saying **** you fender your not making any money off of me. Hes the kinda person who would do that.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
The guitarists choose.

If I were to start making guitars, I couldn't make sig guitar without support from the artist.

If a company doesn't have a sig line, it's because the guitarists aren't interested in their brand of guitar, simple as that, it doesn't matter how much YOU like a guitar brand, it's all about the player and who they support.
Its called Business,Envy, And Greed.They Figure more people know Blink 182 Than Rage Against The Machine.Very Sad Indeed.PM me for more Thoughts.Untill later
RED HEADED AXE
i'm satisfied cuz they made a rory gallagher signature =]
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Because there are more Blink fans who play guitar than John Frusciante fans who play guitar. I doubt most people know who he is even.

NEW! From Fender Instruments: The Signature Strat For That Guy from The Chili Peppers!
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Travis Tricky
The guitarists choose.

If I were to start making guitars, I couldn't make sig guitar without support from the artist.

If a company doesn't have a sig line, it's because the guitarists aren't interested in their brand of guitar, simple as that, it doesn't matter how much YOU like a guitar brand, it's all about the player and who they support.

Well im pretty sure that morello and frusciante are interested in fenders because thats what they both use 95% of the time.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Geddy Lee has a signature
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by soul_power
Pretty much. A lot of the times though the artist actually has specific fretboard radius's cut and whatnot.

yeah, thats good stuff.... like Mark Morton's new Jackson. He decided exactly what works for him and got creative with it. Rather than the guys who are like "Slap my band's logo on the headstock and we'll call it good"

edit: Here's marks guitar, for those of you who were curious
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I think Frusciante's been offered a signature model 4 times from Fender, but he declines because he wants his guitar to be unique and only his own. I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere from a chili peppers forum. I don't think Morello's been offered a signature mdoel. Both of them deserve one though.
John Frusciante turned down having a sig guitar supposedly. And like its already been said, Tom Delonge guitars sell more that Tom Morello guitars since more of the public knows who Tom Delonge is. There ARE great guitarists that have Fender sigs, like Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, Hendrix though its discontinued, Yngwie, etc.
Quote by Instrumetal
Because there are more Blink fans who play guitar than John Frusciante fans who play guitar. I doubt most people know who he is even.

NEW! From Fender Instruments: The Signature Strat For That Guy from The Chili Peppers!

Most of the people on this site play guitar. A lot of them hate Blink. EVERYBODY knows who John Frusciante is. And a lot of people love him.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
A lot of Fender sigs are for people who contributed alot to modern music...that's why Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus have sigs. cause theyve infulenced a lot of people.

But then again, so have Jon Frusciante and Tom Morello...i duno thats just my opinion.
If I recall correctly Morello started using Soul Power with Audioslave. I also know he's worked with Ibanez to make a custom guitar. Morello using too many different brands to get paid for using one specificly. If anything, Morello should get endorsements for all the different pedals he uses.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Most of the people on this site play guitar. A lot of them hate Blink. EVERYBODY knows who John Frusciante is. And a lot of people love him.

Yeah, but it's the opposite for the average little shit out there.
Making a Signature guitar is a lot of work for the artist as well
I like Blink 182, but I still think tom's signature guitar is a bit of a publicity stunt.

If it was based on an old model which he made/customised himself (like Van Halen's guitars), then I can understand. But if he randomly decided to stick one pickup in a strat and write his name on it, then that's just publicity.

Actually, Tom has switched to Gibson. Gibson have also made Billie Joe signature guitars, which are EXACTLY like a les paul junior. It's hardly a signature! Same guitar with BJ's name on it. Ghey.

A lot of artists are offered sig guitars, but they refuse them cos they want to be free of endorsement. Ibanez offered Justin Hawkins (Darkness) a signature model, but he refused cos he didn't want to stick to Ibanez alone.
Yeah the problem with getting a deal with a guitar manufacturer or having a sig produced is that you'll probably have to sign a contract and you'll be locked into using those guitars. What if you want to change your sound? What if you find something you like better? Frusciante has a lot of guitars, and would hate to be stuck with one.
Quote by smb
Yeah the problem with getting a deal with a guitar manufacturer or having a sig produced is that you'll probably have to sign a contract and you'll be locked into using those guitars. What if you want to change your sound? What if you find something you like better? Frusciante has a lot of guitars, and would hate to be stuck with one.

...on the other hand...I just remembered that an awful lot of artists change companies.

Like Dave Mustaine: he's gone from Jackson, to ESP, and now to Dean. And all the guitars have been mahogany V's with seymour duncans. I'm not sure why they change in that case...
Maybe those guitarists didn't want them?

Signature series guitars always seemed too gimmicky to me. Angus Young is a prime example, he has a signature SG, yet he doesn't use it.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Just because i think bottle needs to get his facts straight a bit more try getting ur hands on the fender frontline 2005 if u can...In it...Eric johnson Says exactly what he had to do to get his custom guitar made and I quote "The smallest things make the biggest difference, so I really had to get my act covered up" thats what Eric said when thinking not only of the wood and the pickups but also the finish and the paint and the coating and the colour and how he wanted the neck to be and what shape and also whether he wanted to divert fropm the stereotypical strat like john 5 does when he dumps in the bigsby, and the three humbuckers and the 3/3 tuning peg division on a tele...So really, dont be so vague.

Now that im done ranting! Its true that the guitarists endorse the company by getting the signature made...John Frusciante uses a jaguar anway, and he uses it mostly all the time, if that guitar (as he feels) is the best he can use live or in studio then as someone rightly mentioned it WOULD be just a publicity stunt to get his name engraved on the guitar or something so if he cant come up with a better combination...screw it? so really there could be tons of reasons behind it...
Quote by human-blasphamy
Geddy Lee has a signature

Thats because Geddy Lee is God.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I can't see Morello having a signature guitar made for him...
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Dirk Gently
Holy Eight Month Old Thread Revival, Batman!

<.<
>.>

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
i would have thought that, those guys like frusciante and what have you wouldnt endorse a guitar because it just wasnt them. Like Eric Clapton would be using Blackie, not his signature fender. Or like Jimmy Page's les paul standard "#1". Same thing happened with Slash and gibson
morello wouldnt want to endorse his name to any company
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?