So, with nothing better to do on a Friday night, I watched The Shining. Kindof a freaky movie, the two girls and Jack's wife are what really freaked me out. The music was pretty much amazing, very eerie. The whole movie was pretty eerie. I didn't really understand the ending though (I haven't read the book). What's everyones opinion on this movie/book?
-Zach
It's up there with Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan and The Godfather. A classic.
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
Quote by Brandon860
Great movie, better book.

I disagree. I thought the movie was great, and book was absolutely the worst thing I have ever read. Stephen King really cannot write. He has good ideas, but then just fills pages upon pages with useless shit that dont advance the story/ideas at all.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
I disagree. I thought the movie was great, and book was absolutely the worst thing I have ever read. Stephen King really cannot write. He has good ideas, but then just fills pages upon pages with useless shit that dont advance the story/ideas at all.

...you're a Koontz fan aren't you?

jk

I see where you are coming from, I find (and he even admits) that he never goes into any detail for stuff and things just happen because he wants them to. However, I still his work a lot, especially the Dark Tower series.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Great movie, better book.

I haven't read the book, but I did read somewhere that King hated Kubrick's movie version of it. I thought this was especially interesting because Anthony Burgess didn't like what Kubrick did with A Clockwork Orange, either.
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
I didn't really like the movie but the book is amazing. One of my favorites.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Ridiculously old, but this would be a good moment to bring it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfout_rgPSA
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
the book was really good, but not nearly as scary as i expected. i wanted something so scary that it would keep me up at night, and the shining didn't really have those qualities. the movie is good too, but it doesn't follow the same storyline as the book.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!