Who listens to this group? They are really good and talented. If you want to check em out, check out If your feeling sinister, Boy in the arab strap or The pursuit of happiness. Also, Isobel Campbell has a pretty voice.
I really like the Isobel Cambell and Mark Lanegan album much more than I ever liked Belle & Sebastian. Then again, I'm a big Lanegan fan.
Quote by meltinjohn
Who listens to this group? They are really good and talented. If you want to check em out, check out If your feeling sinister, Boy in the arab strap or The pursuit of happiness. Also, Isobel Campbell has a pretty voice.

The Pursuit Of Happiness? Don't you mean The Life Pursuit....

And yes, they are a good band...I enjoy Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant. It is such a subtle album
Sad to say my only real knowledge of Belle and Sebastian is that they got piss-bottled off the stage a few years back at the Reading Festival, and then won Best Scottish Band of All Time ahead of Del Amitri and The Proclaimers a few years later.

I don't think I've ever knowingly sat and listened to anything they've done, which is probably borderline sacrilege, haha
i don't really like em that much, but i'm not really one to judge em cause i only heard a few songs

If You're Feeling Sinister is one of my top 10 albums ever. I also have the Push Barman to Open Old Wounds comp, which is their first seven eps on two dsics. It has some really good tunes on it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Feb 10, 2007,
Quote by smb
I really like the Isobel Cambell and Mark Lanegan album much more than I ever liked Belle & Sebastian. Then again, I'm a big Lanegan fan.

It sounded good but a lil different. I couldn't feel it. I like Amorino by Isobel Campbell.
Speaking of Lanegan tho, the rest of QOTSA is just ok without him. Eagles of Death Metal isn't exactly as good at QOTSA altho the guitarwork is. I don't care for the vocalist as much tho.
I own if you're feeling sinister and the boy with the arab strap. I think that If you're feeling sinister is one of the best albums ever.
Ironically I found them through the film 'High Fidelity', and now I absolutely love them with a passion.

They are great.
I listen to them occasionally, when I feel like it. I like what I hear, though.
Sent from my iPad.