Well, i wan't to buy myself a electric guitar(and other stuff like amp too), but i really don't know, which guitar/pack should i pick. My friend told me, that the best i can get now, is a ESP LTD F-10 starter pack. Well, i have 1200 zł... that's about 350$. I would have to buy a guitar effect with distorion too, because i want to play hard rock/metal. Should i go for it? Or go to work in summer and get more money(or get some on my b-day :P), to buy something better than a guitar starter pack? I heard, that the amps in starter packs really suck, and you have to change them. Those money are all i have, and if i would get a crappy guitar, that would really SUCK. I'm really confused, damn. If this pack sucks, please tell me, what should i get first. My price range is 350-400$.(if i would wait for my bday and work, i should have about 500 bucks.)
No, dude. All starter packs get old quick [Especially if you practice enough.] You'll eventually find that you have spent [wasted] money on something you will want to upgrade and you'll be out of your money. Best bet is to save about 2 to 3 times what you have right now and get a good quality guitar and an amp.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
if ure serious about playing the electric guitar, then its better to save up and get something better...most starter packs arent really tat great...

if u dont think ure gonna spend much time with the electric guitar, then i guess its alrite to go ahead with the starter pack...
Quote by Vindicator
if ure serious about playing the electric guitar, then its better to save up and get something better...most starter packs arent really tat great...

if u dont think ure gonna spend much time with the electric guitar, then i guess its alrite to go ahead with the starter pack...

Hmm... like everybody, i will say, that i'm serious about the electric guitar. I wouldn't spend all this money, just to play in my home sometimes. This is and important decision. You know, in Poland, 350 bucks is a lot of money. It's not USA. In Poland, you get small money, but you have to spend a lot. Saving money is hard here. Everybody has dreams about a band and gigs. Who knows, maybe those dreams will come true? And if yes, i would like to play on a GOOD gear.
So save money. You have to have a strong will to save the money for your hear.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Just out of curiosity, is things more expensive or cheaper in Poland compared to USA prices?

Also, I advise saving up money. Not that $350 is low, just that you can get some cool stuff if you save up more.
i have an f-10..... in short mine sucked!

The first thing that went wrong was the pick-ups i had to replace the stock ones because they gave to much feedback even on a low volume
scond was the amp
the amp was a copy of a squire amp and the input jack gave in easy. i had to replace the imput jack with another even then it broke again. so i just bought my ashton ga50 and im happy
third my front pick up was not wired properly and it still isnt cause i cant be bothered paying to fix it.

if i were you i would go with the bc rich warlock started pack if u are playing metal because i wasnt happy with my f-10

hope that helped
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Yeah, tbh for a starter guitar, check ebay for the 100 series, i mean, thats agood starting benchmark. i still have mine and enjoy it (viper 100fm)
I have the F-10, and I really didnt care that much for the quality, sound or anything else when I bought it. I just didnt want to spend to much money on something I'm terrible at (never played guitar before).

As some are saying, if you are really, really serious about playing guitar, save up and buy another, better one. I bought the F-10 becouse its cheap, and I just wanted to try playing guitar out! Now I'm pretty much hooked, and saving up for an F-400, I love the looks of those esp's ;D

Anyway, like I said, if you're serious, save up, buy a better one.