Is this bass like one of the Deluxe models where you can use the Jazz pickup instead of the Precision pickup? I know it doesn't have a J pickup but there's the S-1 Switching for it to make it sound like a Jazz bass. Could I get a Flea sound from it (not the slapping and popping sound, the soft one in songs like "Otherside" and "Californication").

Thanks
The S-1 is pretty good, it helps to get a slightly more "attacky" sound and alot of the tone depends on the amp but i've got a pretty good californication tone out of mine
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The Standard P-bass just has the one pickup with S1 switching (changes the wiring around). The US Deluxe P-bass has a humbucker in the bridge (they stopped making the 5-string version this year).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't know if this helps at all, but think of it as if the American Precision and Jazz basses have pretty much the same 2 tones: the P-Bass with the S1 switch off sounds like a J-Bass with the S1 switch on, and vice versa. Granted there's more to it, but that's a good enough comparison to get the idea about how they sound.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yeah there is, the P-bass without the S-1 sounds like a normal p-bass as it is in Series wiring. when the S-1 is engaged, the pickup is put into parallel like the Jazz bass pickups. you are lose a bit of low end and you gain a lot of highes with the s-1 engaged aswell. im not sure but i think it sounds like a Jazz neck pickup but without the annoying hum
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Soul_Bassist
Attacky? What do you mean? :S Sound samples please ^^

Sorry dude i dont have any recording stuff at the moment. But like Ampeg SVT said, you lose some low end but gain some high end. I also find it helps out for getting harmonics to ring.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!