I need some good humbuckers for my sg...
i wanted to keep the vintage style of the gibson, but need a hxc/metal sound.
i was lookin at the burstbuckers or the 57 classic plus but im a bit iffy on the decision.

any advice would be fantastic
A 57 classic is good for classic rock, but I'm not sure how it would handle metal...
If you put one of those in the neck, and a Duncan JB or Distortion in the bridge position, that would be pretty good.

You could use a Duncan 59 in the neck. Similar pickup, used by everyone.
Haven't tried them, but they won't give you the classic Gibson sound for sure...

The rule with active pickups is: they suck without a proper amp. You need a very good, preferable valve (tube) amp. Then they rock like a coal mine.
What model of the SG is this? What amp do you have? What country are you in?
so perferrable, a tube amp w. active pups? got it...

yeah i was lookin something vintage style. i guess i got carried away at lookin at all the choices lmao
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
Seymour Duncans Dimebucker is awesome

What? VINTAGE tone? And these aren't very good pickups anyway, even Dime didn't use them.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by alxthexkiller33
so perferrable, a tube amp w. active pups? got it...

yeah i was lookin something vintage style. i guess i got carried away at lookin at all the choices lmao

If you want vintage tone, go for an old tube amp or something like Marshall DSL or Fender tube amps; get some passive pickups after getting the amp. Active pickups in general > metal. They... aren't very versatile.

I hear good things about Seymour Duncan CustomCustom (bridge) and '59 / Jazz (neck). Look up some audio samples..
im not really wanting the vintage sound... just the look.
i liked the feel of the nickel covers on the stock pickups.
nvm i feel like a dumbass now...
those two are pretty much the same pickup.
anyways, i think im gonna go was the sh-6 distortion in the bridge
Only wanted the look? :p

Should have said so! I think you can buy most of these pickups with metal covers, but they cost a bit more...you might be able to use the covers already on your SG, although I'm not sure of that.