Been playing guitar for like 4 years, and can play almost any song (with tab) but I would like to start teaching my self how to play by ear, I can do it for like Blink 182 songs, cause I mean there mostly power chords, but how does one learn to play metallica by ear, joe satriani etc...

and also
what are some good bands that do alot of sweeping? that have some tabs up on this ol' site?

Thanks in advance whoever helps me out!
www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
Sweeping bands: Jag Panzer, Trivium, Pantera ...

And i suggest to learn songs by ear you need to know theory. You need to comprehend it.
thanks shredding skin, ill check those bands out

and ya im trying to lern theory a lil over whelming but i know its for the better

anyone else care to help as well?
I agree with shredding skin on learning theory, it's a great help when you're trying to figure out songs. It seems overwhelming in the beginning, but slowly, things will fall into place, and you'll realize that it's all fairly logical.

Other good sweepers are:
Yngwie Malmsteen
Mattias IA Eklundh
thanks!

Ive been trying to find tutorials or tips on here, on how to sweep pick, but cant find any, can you help?

cause youtube is being dumb, and its not loading videos
Quote by brandenetc
thanks!

Ive been trying to find tutorials or tips on here, on how to sweep pick, but cant find any, can you help?

cause youtube is being dumb, and its not loading videos

There is a Steal This Video lesson on Sweep Picking. Serach Steal This Video in the lessons (Or was it columns?) in the search bar.
Playing by ear will come with time. After so much time of learning your scales and chords, you will recognize them when you hear them in a song, and can just right away start rocking out with them.