I'm thinking 'bout purchasing one of these. I play mostly rock, think AC/DC (or Silvertide, if anyone knows the band). Is this a good choice? Will it sound nice when combined with distortion (Vox AD30VT)?
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
I have one and I realy like it, you can get a great claptonesque sound out of it - I also have a Vox solidstate combi and it sounds cool through it. I can't really compare it to others though as I've never had another wah.
Quote by Jarrett Moore + BlinkBlinkBlink
Jarrett Moore; how'd you know i live in canada?
BlinkBlinkBlink; it says location: canada...
Jarrett Moore; oh, ...far out.

http://matthewjago.dmusic.com/ <<Listen to my music here!
I have it, and it sounds great with distortion but its not a "metal wah". It should be perfect for your type of music though.

It generally seems to be regarded as best in the price range for classic rock, and would agree.

I've tried it against a crybaby orginal and the the vox is better.
Great for classic rock. I have one and I am so so with it cause my musical tastes have changed a bit. I find hendrix is no match with this pedal as well. As far as Vai and metal it just doesn't cut it unless you somehow modify it. If you guys know how to modify these guys for more of a hard rock tone let me know
Have it, love it.

Later this year, they're coming out with one that takes a 9V adapter. Might be worth the wait.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^you can allways mod it though

but yeah its a great pedal and sounds good through the vox
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
I've been thinking about getting one of these pedals adn ditching my dunlop, are the Vox's better than the Dunlops? I mostly play old punk, however I do dabble into some rock.
Quote by Sick_Boy
I've been thinking about getting one of these pedals adn ditching my dunlop, are the Vox's better than the Dunlops? I mostly play old punk, however I do dabble into some rock.

1st of all, make your own thread. 2nd, vox are way better so ditch your dunlop.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots