what is the best chorus pedal for a simery sound similar to the sound of a double tracked guitar like brian may uses?
the price range is pretty much open ended as i will probably have a whack at actually making the pedal my self instead of buying it.

so any suggestions?
Quote by sashki
TC electronic chorus, although an expensive bastard, is probably one of the best out there. Even Eric Johnson uses it. That says a LOT.

oh yes it is

too bad I ain't got that nice Fender amp yet, but soon I will....
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
The Small Clone by EXH is my personal favorite and at a price that could fit the most froogal guitar player's budget.
Danelectro Coolcat Chorus. Just lovely
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by Sick_Boy
The Small Clone by EXH is my personal favorite and at a price that could fit the most froogal guitar player's budget.

+1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

My Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble sounds great to me.

I've also heard many many good things about the Small Clone.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Uni-vibe

I know it's a vibrato too, but it's just brilliant.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Electro-Harmonix Poly-Chorus has a double track function, along with chorus, flange, and filter matrix. Also, it has a tune/delay pot, and that with the chorus function may be close to what you want.
Analogman Bi-Chorus is my favorite. I have tried the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus but didn't like the bump in volume when engadged. I also bought a Visual Sounds H2O Chorus & Echo, this wa better but the footprint is huge and it doesn't really sound that great.

The Analogman Chorus's are by far the best sounding of any that I have heard.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by sashki
Small clone is good, but with one knob, it's not too versatile. It always sounds deep. You can't get a subtle sound out of it, which I usually prefer for chords n' stuff.

if you can't get a subtle sound out of it, you're definitley doing something wrong. just turn the knob around 9:00 and flip the rate down. You should be fine with that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The old Arion SCH-1 is a fantastic sounding unit. I really dig mine. They can be found on eBay these days for under $100 usually. I have a
clip on my site - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-25.php and
review - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_pedals/arion_sch1_stereo_chorus

There is a SCH-Z model available from Musician's Friend. It's similar sounding, although I've heard the SCH-Z is not quite on par with the SCH-1.
The chorus on my VisualSound H20 is very good sounding. Soft/subtle to deep and rich to phaserish to tremeloish to underwater. Very cool.
ok cheers guys, is the new dunlop univibe any good? i know its not the orignial but how will it compare?
I've not tried the original, of course, but I tried the Dunlop one a few weeks ago, and it's a nice pedal! Try one out and see. And if you had 2 amps or cabs, you could use the stereo-ness of it, vibrato in one speaker, chorus in the other.

However if you're willing to shell out, I'm sure that the boutique clones are better.
Don't be afraid to care"

on the stereo option is it possible for the chorus to wobble from speaker to speaker?

instead of a wet/dry mix?

can i put the pedal between the amp output and speaker?
Last edited by The_0thersid3 at Feb 11, 2007,
I'm not sure, I didn't try it with 2 amps, I just messed with the settings. I really wish I plugged it into another amp aswell as the Hot Rod Deluxe.
Don't be afraid to care"

ok ill look into the univibe and the TC but the problem is one is subtle and one is more noticable(although i love both) maybe ill just have to get both.