I am looking at buying a dean ml CFH and i really like the design and neck and floyd.. but i also am looking at the dean ml FBD and it is the same.. does any1 with either guitar have like advantages of each?
Its not really that great of a guitar for tone and lower levels, you gota crank everything on 10 for it to be worthy really
Yea i got a crappy old dean ml DBD T.. but i put some pretty sik pups in.. but i need the floyd for the dimebag feel :P
Quote by madmk
Its not really that great of a guitar for tone and lower levels, you gota crank everything on 10 for it to be worthy really

Lies

Every Dean is worth every penny. I got a razorback and its ****in awesome. The dean CFH is just a little cooler looking than the Far beyond driven one. (Altough FBD was a better album ^^)
Yea man, i saw a two tone razorback and stood back in awe.. soon to be attacked by 3 salesman asking if i wanted to buy :S lol
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
Lies

Every Dean is worth every penny. I got a razorback and its ****in awesome. The dean CFH is just a little cooler looking than the Far beyond driven one. (Altough FBD was a better album ^^)

i dont really think deans are all that good value
they tend to whack dimebags name on everything, give it some cool graphics, maybe an LFR, and raise the price. you can get guitars with the same specs for much less, without dime's name on it
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Well what u got in mind? i want a nice body, with mahogany fretboard or similar, with floyd, and sick pups...
What is your budget? Are you in US?
What music styles do you have? I assuming metal...
What amp do you run through?

Check out the Washburn X40PRO. Seymour Duncan's and Schaller trem. However, I think it's got an Alder body...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X40-PRO-Electric-Guitar-w-Floyd-Rose-case?sku=516957

Or maybe an Ibanez S520EX? ZR trem is top notch, but you have to change out pickups. But you can choose which ones you want

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964

Or even an ESP LTD M-1000. OFR trem and EMG's, pretty much the metal dream.

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ESPM1000.html
Um well i am in aus.. and my budget is 2000 aus.. and i am using a shit roland cube 30.. but getting a randall half stack soon as well.. and a pod xt live
^Okay, pretty much disregard my links cus they're in USA.

Try to find the MH-1000 with the OFR, they seem to be pretty neat.
yea i will look into them they look pretty sweet.. but i still want the dean.. maybe it is my love for dime?
if your gonna get an ibanez s, get the s320
its cheaper but it doesnt look as metal.
maybe get an ibanez RG1570 then swap out the pups (although it has a basswood body), or teh 2570E if you dont want to swap the pups (as it has dimarzios as stock, but these might not be really what you want)
or perhaps the best of all, get a shecter C1 FR. it seems to have all that you want
http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/schecter/id=14.html. mahog body, OFR duncan (desingned though, not really sure how much diff it would make), plus it looks like a metal guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

My Profile

Quote by madmk
You do realize that your guitar doesn't have a whole lot to do with your tone? You just described a tube amp, which you have to crank to get the best sound; it's not the guitars fault.
Why don't you get a non-Dime Dean. That's what I did and don't regret it. I have a an ML79F its basically the FBD with dean PUPs (Mine's black but you can get it in the trans-braziliaburst or whatever they call it). I love it. Dimebag's name raises the price so much and it just isn't worth it.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
^Agreed, if I ever got a Dean if wouldn't be a Dime one; they don't make many non-dime MLs though
ive played several dime tributes through a mesa triple rectifier, and i hated the way they sounded. way too trebly, and muddy, i didnt think it could really happen, then i picked up a ibanez RG2550e and it blew the dean away.

i would stay away from them.
and besides, they arent even taht accurate compared to what dime actually used.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Is every1 against how dean are making money because of dimes name? just think about it.. if u were dean.. would u do the same?
Quote by DollarBag
Is every1 against how dean are making money because of dimes name? just think about it.. if u were dean.. would u do the same?

no, there against dean putting dime's name on their guitars, then charging way more for them
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

My Profile

Especially since he switched to Washburn later on in his career anyway
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by DollarBag

No, I wouldn't. They simply exploit his name, they slap it everywhere just to make money out of it. They claim to sell what he used to make kids believe they'll sound like him. It's wrong, immoral, and it reveals quite a lot about the company's mentality: MONEY.

If you get a Dean, get a non-Dime one. But your best bet would probably be a LTD M-1000 or something along those lines.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
i have a dean ML79 (it has nothing to do with dime) and it is very good.

its great for the money i payed.
i went with the Tribute because the CFH can lead people to think that your trying to be Dime, and not just influenced by him.
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Quote by High_o
i dont really think deans are all that good value
they tend to whack dimebags name on everything, give it some cool graphics, maybe an LFR, and raise the price. you can get guitars with the same specs for much less, without dime's name on it

+1
i have an ML on bass, its amazing. Even Thoguh bass and guitar are hardly comparable, theyre guitars are good quality, you can tell it wasnt just slapped together.
futball season and football season.
Quote by 4# 5b (Tritone)
i went with the Tribute because the CFH can lead people to think that your trying to be Dime, and not just influenced by him.

congrats on the new dean hope you enjoy it!

is it made in the us? i couldn't find out
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Especially since he switched to Washburn later on in his career anyway

he played washburn for the majority of his career. and the guitars you buy from washburn are more accurate who what he played anyway

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
he played washburn for the majority of his career. and the guitars you buy from washburn are more accurate who what he played anyway

yeah but the deans do look better and apparantly he only used washburns because dean went out of buisness for a time
you must of not seen the real washburns, not the cheap ones they are still selling. . .
he still played washburns over dean, if he liked dean so much, he would keep playing them.

and dean went out of business because of their sub par products, and poor managing.
http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3350

im too lazy to find the other pictures. . .

Quote by steven seagull
oh right yeah they look ok still not as nice as the deans to me. Yeah you do have a point he could have just played the deans he owned

so what came first washburn or dean cause one of them just copyed the whole design of the ml guitar the headstock too
washburn came first, in the 1800's. . . .

but the washburn ML's are alot nicer than the Dean ML's, much higher build quality, every dean ive played felt like it was going to fall apart on me

Quote by steven seagull
I was actually saving up to buy Dime's Washburn signiture when he was killed. Sadly after that the price sky rocketed and now they're practically impossible to get in the UK.
I've played the Washburn and the Dean CBFH ML and the Washburn is a much better guitar by miles.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!