So Im looking to get a tube amp and Im on a bit of a budget. I play mainly blues/classic rock. The amps Im interested at the mo' are:

peavey valveking 112
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVVKING112

Fender blues junior
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0213205000

Slightly over budget:
fender hot rod deluxe
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0213202000

peavey classic 30
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEV00583150

Anyone have an opinion on any of these amps? Any amps to add to the list?
Also do you think the fender blues junior is loud enough for band practice or jamming with a drummer?
Ive got a marshall valvestate amp(head and cab) its very cheap! you can play evrything with it.
Ashdown Fallen Angel.

for some heavier stuff.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The Peavey Windsor would do classic rock/blues really well.
It's 400 dollars, and then order a Avatar 2x12 or something.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Peavey has some major shipping problems if you live in Europe and outside the UK...
I'm waiting for 5 months now and my amp is still not deliverd
I have the peavy valveking but its the 212, and its a great amp. Very loud, sounds great. But i have a great guitar, Jackson slsmg soloist. Now i dont know what your working with but this its a budget amp, so dont think itll be amazing. And if you like heavy dist, you'll need a pedal.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Quote by Bille joe6
Ive got a marshall valvestate amp(head and cab) its very cheap! you can play evrything with it.

not a real tube anp dude
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Quote by super666fender
hohoho pwnd

hey, im just saying that the treadstarter is looking for a tube amp, and this guy is recmmending what is essentially a solid state amp, so i was advising him not to get this if hes looking for a tube amp
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Get the Hot Rod if you do blues/rock. Awesome amp, but you should save up more money for the Hot Rod DeVille, it's a beast.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I recently purchased the Hot Rod Deluxe "White Lightning" and absolutely love it! Sounds awesome and I have no regrets at all. I know it might be slightly higher than what you want to pay but save just a little bit more and you will be very happy.
In an interstellar burst,
I am back to save the universe.
Pignose G40v.

Could use a tube and speaker change when you get the chance though .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if your really on a budget, you can buy used lesser-known brands on ebay. They are pretty much all vintage amps
Quote by GoldenGloves
Also do you think the fender blues junior is loud enough for band practice or jamming with a drummer?

Yes, it's loud enough, but I'd prefer more headroom. Still, I'd buy the Blues Jr long before I bought a Valveking. The Hot Rod, Blues Deluxe, and Classic 30 are all great amps. You might want to save up for one of them if you're set on buying new. I think the difference is worth it.

Quote by SublimeGuitar
This is perfect for what you are playing. I tried one at guitar center and crapped my pants.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V32-Palomino-30-Watt-Class-A-Tube-Combo?sku=487828&src=3SOSWXXH

We have the Palomino V16 in the house, and I like it a lot. Higher gain but weaker reverb than the Blues Jr. It's an option, though. So's the Peavey Delta Blues. I like that amp a lot, too.

Quote by Gutch220
if your really on a budget, you can buy used lesser-known brands on ebay. They are pretty much all vintage amps

Buying used is always my first option. Gotta do your homework when you shop on eBay, not everything's a deal, but great deals can be had if you go used. Especially if you go with something like the Crate, which is a nice amp, but does not hold it's value as well as Fender or Peavey. I bought the V16 used. The price was a big determining factor.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I Had the peavey classic 30 and it broke in 2 weeks so I returned it.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
i was thinking about getting a tube amp too but all i wast is good cleans because i have the pedlals for a heavy rock/metal tone. what would be good for me?
B-52's?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
B-52's?
you seriously sggesting to play a guitar via this?

i would say the fender, then if you go much heavier you can always get a pedal
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Unskathed
The Peavey Windsor would do classic rock/blues really well.
It's 400 dollars, and then order a Avatar 2x12 or something.

I wouldn't say it does blues particularly well at all, and I'd only advise it for CR if you play a lot of 80's stuff too... it is a nice amp, lol, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't be my choice for the tones Goldengloves is after...

from the original options, I'd say either blues junior or classic 30.

traynor would be another brand I'd be looking at, they'd be nice for what you're after. Might be over budget, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney VC maybe? Don't know wher threadstarter is, but I'd look ino Laney if he was in the UK.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
^ +1'd if in UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?