Hi! I have a fender strat with a floyd and is a HSS and i want to put 2 more humbukers in it si it will be HHH and put a coil split so i can get the fender tone also. What do you think?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*imitates mr. T voice*
fool
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 10, 2007,
yea its a goofy idea, like the kids above me thought, but a lot of people prefer humbuckers over single coils. if you get two nice humbuckers i think you could get some nice tones out of your guitar. the only problem is i dont think they make a pickguard to hold three humbuckers
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
^Don't let that stop you. just make sure there is a filtertron gretsch-style pickup in the neck with a dimarzio super distortion or something in the bridge.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It's the worst idea I've ever heard. Put one in the neck but not in the middle, please. It's a strat, not a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Arent there humbuckers in similar shape to the single coil pickup. Didn't Malmsteen use those, maybe he was planing to put one of those in the middle, hence the HHH.
yeah im guessing the strat neck pickup cabity will fit a humbucker. so i would maybe put one there. you should keep one single coil for some versatility. h-s-h
You can get Seymour Duncan humbuckers that fit in standard single coil slots, but I don't think you can fit a normal size humbucker in a single coil slot......and if you left a single coil in the middle, it will be just like and Ibanez, which is definitely destroying the Strat tone (yes I'm talking to you echofreak) but if you wanna do it, then nobody's stopping you.

That's a three humbucker Strat. I think it looks nice. Although I miss the traditional Strat tone, so that's why I ordered a set of custom single coils

The configuration is:

Bridge: PRS HFS
Middle: DiMarzio Chopper
Neck: PRS Vintage Bass

Switching: 1 - Bridge, 2 - Bridge single coil + Mid single coil out-of-phase, 3 - Middle, 4 - Neck single coil + Mid single coil out-of-phase, 5 Neck

It's an aftermarket 5 way. The 2nd tone has been deactivated, so it only has a master volume and master tone.

I actually get a pretty good traditional Strat tone from the 2 and 4 positions, the only problem is that the volume drop-off is ridiculous.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 10, 2007,
everyone....stfu, kid, just do it and post up pictures of it....this is a build that's actually interesting.
Personally i think fender strats are better off as all SSS but thats because im really into that light jazz/bluesy tones that you get from em.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by fredthecat
Iron Maiden used HHH strats. Are you guys all calling them idiots?

No they don't.

I would go HSH if I were you, the middle humbucker will be to hard to get in and will rarely be worth it