Ive put it on shuffle, and out of the past 20 songs that have been on, about 17 of them have been either Coheed and Cambria, Shabutie, or TPFI.

Thats a probabitity of 1 in 1.26 x10^21 of happening. or, as far as my calculator goes:

1 in 1,257,683,609,000,000,000,000

(considering this as binomial probability, anyway)

anyone else have a music player of your computer thats is "obsessed" with a certain band?
i havent yet put all my songs on, but i have about 1,611 at the moment, and 93 songs related to Coheed.
I have 204 Beatles songs (out of 5207 altogether) and I've never seen a party shuffle without at least three of their songs on it.
Tiger style.
Edit -> Preferences -> Playback -> Smart Shuffle
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
mine loves the beatles and bb king. sometimes i get 5 bb king songs in a row
Too cool for a signature.
yeah, i have 5 different "I am the black wizards" (4 by emperor, one by me) and it played them all in a row on a shuffle...

out of 3,747 songs... 1.62900453*10^16 or a 1:736,646,204,199,999,999 chance...
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
change the setttings of itunes so when its shuffling its less likely to pick something from the same artist.

Edit>Preferances>PlayBack and smart shuffle should be at the bottom, move the slider to less likely.

before i did that mines had an obsession with Tesla

PSN ID: ArranP
5 songs on shuffle:

Silent Night Bodom Night - Children of Bodom
Downfall - Children of Bodom
Remember The Name - Fort Minor
Kissing The Shadows - Children of Bodom
Angels Don't Kill - Children of Bodom

R E G G A E
Yes, I actually do.

My MP3 player used to have about 500 songs on it and 4 of those 500 songs were Alter-Bridge songs. So, despite the odds and having my plater on shuffle, I'd hear those 4 Alter-bridge songs so many times in one day (mostly consecutively) that my friends and I diagnosed the player with Alter-Bridge fever. I had to actually take them off the player in he end because I was so sick of them.

I remember once, when my player was on shuffle, the same Alter-Bridge song played twice in a row. What are the odds of that?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
mine has a motley crue obsession, 60 odd crue songs, 968 on the ipod but is usually plays 5 crue songs on the trot, and its annoying when it plays shout at the devil followed by shout at the devil live
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
my MP3 player often finds EXACTLY what i want for the first 10 songs eachday
i/e yesterday I had

Dreadnought - Machinae Supremacy
Culinary Hyperversity - Necrophagist
Become the Catalyst - All That Remains
A Day In The Death - Johnny Truant
Jacob Shock - Himsa
Habeas Corpus - The Agony Scene
The Deceived - Trivium
The Grand Conjuration - Opeth

well
thats only 8 cause I turned it off then (got onto my laptop so I didnt need it)

But theyre my 8 favourite songs of the moment, and it picked them in that order which I found awesome!!
the reason for this is that humans have a very poor concept of randomness. we expect there to be a wide selection of songs from a wide vairity all the time, but in fact true randomnness is different to what humans think it is, there is a higher probobility of the same artist being selected repeatedly than them being all different.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
I remember the first time someone sigged me. IT felt great. I was like wow... people actually think i'm funny. See here on the real world it doesn't work like that.
A frogs' perspective on life: time's fun when you're having flies.
My iPod is obsessed with me. I put about 3 recordings of mine on their to play to people out of about 120 on the iPod. Always plays me!
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by pogostick
the reason for this is that humans have a very poor concept of randomness. we expect there to be a wide selection of songs from a wide vairity all the time, but in fact true randomnness is different to what humans think it is, there is a higher probobility of the same artist being selected repeatedly than them being all different.

ok yeah, but out of 5000 songs (actually ive got 6200 or so now)
what are the chances of my 8 favourite songs coming up (even though I havent listened to them much on my mp3 player, so theres no bias towards or against them)

i mean just now
6200 songs
i got 3 caliban songs in a row
off the same album

of course I didn't expect it, the chances are tiny when theres 130+ albums
so many bands
and so many songs