ok first this is a double post since i was not sure wether to post is acoustic or electric forum lol so I am a old drummer and new guitar player and I'm looking to buy a acoustic-electric I already have a electric now but want to get a acoustic-electric for those times when i can't plug in. I'm really leaning towards getting the Epiphone PR5 because to be honest I love the look of it. heres the but I saw it in person along time ago (at least i think it was the same guitar) and I remember it being a small guitar now I'm a pretty big guy so i don't want it to look like I'm getting ready to eat the thing rather than play it. so what do you guys and girls recommend should i go with this? or something else? what would you recommend? ps With a guitar and case I dont really want to spend any more that 375 tops thanks!
well, alot of ovations are acoustic-elec and from my experience they are REALLY good quality guitars. overall, i would say their quality control is among the best. nowadays, alot of (hate to say it) gibsons and epiphones are somewhat of a hit or miss in the sense that you might get one with good action, nice sound and everything, but you could pick up the same guitar and have a dud. you know? anyway. i really like ovations. my friend has a takamime and it sounds pretty nice also. from what ive heard, the g series(takamime) is pretty good for the price also. im not saying theyr necesarily better than the epi, but just look around and play other guitars, youll be surprised by some guitars that theyr not very well known, but they play real nice. ex. parkwood-great guitars, i helped my buddy get one the other day, i checked it out and showed him and he really enjoyed it. theyr a little more expensive though for acoustic-elec.

anyway, just try alot out and pick what you like.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
are there any other guitars out there in my price range with that kind of point that the Epi has?
If you are going to be a lesser expensive guitar (<500) it's probably a much better idea to just buy a normal acoustic without any "pickups" and then buy a soundhole pickup (Fishman makes good ones).

The "electric" part of the cheaper acoustic-electrics sounds like crap.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm happy with mine (1950's Danelectro convertable), but I seriously don't know how much they cost, or where to get them. I got mine for free from my uncle. It does have a built in pick-up, though.
Member of the Geddy Lee Fanclub. He pwns you ALL!

Member #24 of the FFVII fan club

STICK IT TO THE MAN